When encountered on the edge of the cliff, he appears to be sitting cross-legged with hands folded in his lap and seemingly meditating.
- His exact location on the map is just south of the "R" in Grizzlies East.
- Despite being an actual person, he is a Point of Interest.
- His general demeanor suggests that the person in question is a Tibetan monk, however, it is unconfirmed.
- Oddly, he seems to be meditating with his eyes open. (Note: this is actually not unusual at all. Tibetan monks practice vipassana meditation - also know as mindfulness meditation - and the point of this practice is to be open to one's whole range of experience. Thus, meditating with eyes open is perfectly unremarkable).
- His surrounding area is labeled as a restricted area in the map, as the game adds the text "Wanted Dead or Alive" next to the cursor. This is because Fort Wallace was placed at this location at some point in development, as can be seen at the bottom of the index menu.
While the player cannot physically interact with the Monk, disrupting the Monk's meditation by hogtying him, firing gun in his direction or killing him, will cause the player to lose honor.