|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
|“||One of the more well-known peaks in the snowy Grizzlies of Ambarino, Mount Hagen towers above Lake Isabella to the west and Beartooth Beck to the east, which provides the main pass through the western mountain range and joins up with the Dakota River further south.||„|
The mountain is located southeast of Lake Isabella. It is also the highest point of the explorable world.
like most of Grizzles West, Mount Hagen in completely snowcapped and conditions are very harsh and brutal. Most of the terrain is rough and ridge like with trails running up the western side into Ewing Basin and the valley towards the lake. The south side is very steep with only a single valley with two trails being accessible. The north and east sides are either to steep to climb or require alternate routes upward.
Mount Hagen briefly appears during the mission Old Friends in which the gang climb part of the mountain to get back to camp in Colter.
It later appears as the main setting of American Venom, where John Marston, Sadie Adler, and Charles Smith fight Micah's Gang in order to get revenge for Arthur's death. Sadie and Charles are wounded, but John fights his way to the top, confronting Micah. Dutch exits the cabin and eventually betrays Micah by helping John kill him.
- At the top of the mountain can be found Rock Carving coordinates, as well as a frozen conquistador that wears the Morion Helmet.
- Southeast is a mountain hut. Upstairs is a lockbox that contains a coin sack and Aged Pirate Rum. Between the bunk beds and the ladder is Valerian Root tonic, sitting on top of a stump.
- Mount Hagen is named in honor of Landon Ricketts' voice actor, Ross Hagen, who passed away on May 7th, 2011.
- If visited after the mission American Venom , Micah's frozen corpse can be found and his gun can be taken. However, he disappears off-camera once his gun and taken.
- Mount Hagen is the first place Edgar Ross and Archer Fordham visit in their search for John Marston. John gunning down Micah in vengeance is what leads the agents to his ranch and the events of Red Dead Redemption. Arthur foreshadows this by saying "Revenge is a fool's game".
- If visited by Arthur, some settlements such as tents seen in American Venom will be absent, but wooden shacks such as the one where John confronts Dutch and Micah will be there.