Nigel is an Englishman who was born in Maidenhead, Berkshire. He had a desire to leave his native country in search of a new life so, along with his friend Gavin, he eventually chose America, the alleged land of opportunity, as their destination. The two of them crossed the Atlantic and reached America prior to 1899.
However, in unknown circumstances, Nigel woke up one day to discover that Gavin had disappeared overnight. Since then, Nigel began looking obsessively for his companion.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Nigel can be encountered throughout the game as he spends most of his days wandering the plains, desperately searching for his long-lost friend whom he may never find.
By 1907, Nigel continues to look for Gavin, though his appearance and sanity have deteriorated, giggling in some instances when asking strangers if anyone has seen Gavin. He also appears to have forgotten what Gavin looks like.
- "I'm looking for Gavin...he's my best friend." – Nigel
- "He left me...I lost him, I mean. I lost him."
- "Someone must have seen an Englishman...really funny he is."
- "English fellow...he's about, he's about...so big? He's a charming sort of chap."
- "I come to America, and I've lost my friend. I'm a fool, a fool!"
- "English bloke. Lovely feller. He went missing and, uh...now I'm all alone."
- "Nope, but I won't give up. He's lost..."
- "One morning, I just woke up and he just wasn't there...someone must have taken him."
- "Gavin? No...no. We were best mates. I mean, really best mates. He'd never leave me. Never. Gavin!"
- "Ah... yeah, few years. Few bloody years. I can't, um, I can't remember what he looks like. I'm looking for him, but I don't know who he is. I've wasted my life... I wasted my life looking. I looked but I never saw. I saw nothing. Gavin..."
- Can be looted from him.