| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
On the Trail of de Vaca
|Description||Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.|
|Gamer Score||10 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Bronze bronze|
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
The play can visit the General Stores in every region to find all maps, except in Escalera; this map is sold by the local Gunsmith. Also, the fold out map that came with the game shows every location in the game except for Cochinay which is located in the northernmost part of Tall Trees.
It is also advised to use the Social Club 100% checklist; there is a map with all of the locations that have been visited and those that haven't in order to get this.
Sometimes, even after using every map, the player will not receive the achievement.
- After having bought/used all of the maps from the general stores, and the player still has only 44/45 for New Austin, there is one location that does not show up on the in-game maps. Open up the map and look to the west of Rio Bravo and one will see a cluster of rocks; this location is called Repentance Rock.
- Sometimes the player will be stuck at 44/45 in New Austin. If this happens, just head south from Thieves' Landing, follow the coast until you reach a location called The Old Bacchus Place. On the fold out map, this location is shown to be on the Nuevo Paraiso side of the San Luis River while it is actually on the New Austin side.
- Sometimes the player will be stuck at 44/45 in New Austin. If this happens, find the Scratching Post. This location may not always be found by using the maps.
- A third New Austin location occasionally left of the maps is Warthington Ranch found in the west of Hennigan's Stead.
- Another location in New Austin that is left out as well of the maps is Plainview, southwest of Fort Mercer.
- Another New Austin location is Hamlin's Passing, a patch of land between Ridgewood Farm and Rathskeller Fork, east of the railway and the road.
- Yet another location that is left out the in-game maps is Plata Grande, an abandoned mine in Perdido, Nuevo Paraiso.
- If one location in New Austin is still missing, try discovering Frontera Bridge, the bridge that connects New Austin to Nuevo Paraiso. It is located just south of Solomon's Folly.
- Another possible location in New Austin is Del Lobo Rock.
- One more New Austin location sometimes left off of maps is Mescalero
- Occasionally Puerto Cuchillo will not appear even after purchasing the map in Escalera.
- The Trail of de Vaca refers to the Spanish explorer, Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca, who, in the early 16th century, charted much of what would eventually become the Southern United States and Northern Mexico, the gameplay region of Red Dead Redemption.