|“||Fast, ferocious, real elusive... bit of a legend in those parts.||„|
The Panther is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Panthers only spawn in certain areas. They will often attack the player's horse first. They are efficient killers, and the player has little time to react once they appear.
- Like the cougar, the panther is very aggressive and will attack players on sight. It may quickly charge towards players or wait in the bushes for an ambush. As a result, players should be extra careful when travelling into areas where panthers are most commonly found.
- The Eagle Eye is extremely useful in this situation, as panthers in the forest are relatively difficult to detect.
- The safest method to hunt panthers is by killing it from a distance. For example, placing predator bait in an open area to lure a panther out and then shooting it with a scoped rifle.
- Alternatively, players might choose a bolder method by using themselves as bait. To do this, players must keep their weapon (bow or rifle) drawn, then ride their horse into the hunting area. Once a panther is spotted, it is crucial that you shoot it as quickly as possible.
- Avoid letting a panther come too close as it is a very agile predator which can swiftly kill players at close range.
- The Kit Satchel upgrade requires a perfect panther pelt.
- The Panther Trail saddle (Crafted from a single panther pelt at a Trapper) is arguably the best saddle in the game when it comes to speed/stamina, as it gives the following bonuses:
- -20% HP core drain
- -26% Stamina core drain
- -50% Stamina drain
- +24% stamina regeneration rate
- +2 to both top speed and acceleration
Skin every species of animal in Story Mode.
Study every animal across all states in Story Mode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.