The Parakeet is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Their herbivorous diet consists of shrubs, seeds and fruit from forest trees. A Bow and Small Game Arrows can take down these small birds. Their carcasses can be sold to traders.
- In the N of the letter "Lemoyne"
- Above the U in the letter "Bayou Nwa"
- North of the Tiny Church near Lakay
- Along the north shoreline of Hagen Orchards
- Around the cabin Bayall Edge
- On the larger islands in the East of Shady Belle
Killing the first parakeet will cause a Honor penalty, while a quest with the description "The Carolina Parakeet is an endangered species." will appear in the mission log.
After the player killed 15 parakeets, the text changes into "The Carolina Parakeet population is dwindling and is facing extinction.". The population of birds will be smaller and they spawn more rarely. After the player killed 25 parakeets, the mission is completed and the text changes into "The Carolina Parakeet species has been wiped from the face of the Earth". A drawing of a parakeet will appear in the player's journal.
- The Parakeet is a relatively small bird, which is hard to spot through the grass around the swamps and it can easily fly away. It's is best to use Binoculars and keep a fair distance before approaching the areas where it spawns.
- The best way to kill the Parakeet is by using the Varmint Rifle, along the use of Dead Eye Targeting.
- Both Arthur and John can kill Parakeets and collect their carcasses.
- The Parakeet Extinction mission closes after 25 are killed and the bird no longer appears.
- The Carolina parakeet had become rare by the middle of the 19th century. The last confirmed sighting was in 1910. In the year of 1939, the species was declared as extinct.
The parakeet is not needed for Skin Deep or Zoologist.