The Parakeet is a species of animal found in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- In the N of the letter "Lemoyne"
- Above the U in the letter "Bayou Nwa"
- North of the Tiny Church near Lakay
- North of the shoreline of Hagen Orchards
- Around the cabin Bayall Edge
- On the larger islands in the East of Shady Belle
Killing the first parakeet will cause a Honor penalty, while a quest with the description "The Carolina Parakeet is an endangered species." will appear in the mission log.
After the player killed 15 parakeets, the text changes into "The Carolina Parakeet population is dwindling and is facing extinction.". The population of birds will be smaller and they spawn more rarely. After the player killed 25 parakeets, the mission is completed and the text changes into "The Carolina Parakeet species has been wiped from the face of the Earth". A drawing of a parakeet will appear in the player's journal.
- The Carolina parakeet had become rare by the middle of the 19th century. The last confirmed sighting was in 1910. In the year of 1939 the species was declared as extinct.
- While doing the mission, Arthur will tell one of the girls at camp that he is killing animals for no reason.
The parakeet is not needed for Skin Deep or Zoologist.