Phosphorus Coating is an item that can be selected from the kit section of Marston's satchel. It requires one type of any sage (e.g. Red Sage, Desert Sage, Hummingbird Sage) and one Violet Snowdrop to use. When used, it coats all of Marston's bullets and shells in phosphorus causing any Undead hit to be lit on fire, leaving them to slowly die in distinct blue flames. However, the treatment only lasts for a limited amount of time before another use is required.
Tips & Tricks
- It is best used to kill large, tight clusters of Undead as to hit as many targets as possible before the phosphorus treatment wears off, or when the player is low on Dead-Eye as bodyshots with the treatment will still inevitably kill the Undead, albeit slower than a headshot.
- When facing several Bolters, Phosphorus Coating can simply light them up compared to the more tedious method of using Dead-Eye to target their heads.
- Using phosphorus treated ammo to light the Undead on fire counts towards Undead Sharpshooter Rank 3, meaning that you can quickly light 5 Undead and then headshot them all in quick succession.
- Wearing the outfit unlocked by completing all challenges to level 5 will increase your Phosphorous duration.
- It doesn't matter if the player fires 1 bullet or 100, Phosphorus lasts the same amount of time. Make the most of it.
- To maximize a player's kill spread, try using shotguns. Every BB will set a zombie ablaze.
- Phosphorus works on almost all weapon types. Even dynamite. However, the best is using phosphorous bullets in combo with a gatling gun.
- When a phosphorus coated round is fired, it leaves behind a green trail similar to that of a modern-day tracer round.
- Phosphorus coated rounds are similar to the modern-day equivalent of the incendiary round.
- The blue flames that engulf enemies from phosphorus treated ammo are similar to the flames caused by Holy Water.
- Phosphorus coated rounds function like that of their normal counterparts when fired at humans.
|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.