|“||Mr. Marston... Mr. Smith... Mr. MacGuire... get over there. When she slows, board her. I'm gonna make sure she slows.||„|
Pouring Forth IV is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Blocking the tracks with the heavy oil wagon, Arthur, John, Charles and Sean board the train and rob valuables from the rich passengers and baggage car.
Arthur arrives at the stolen oil wagon and finds that Sean is already there. The two wait for John and Charles. Once they've arrived, the gang waits until nightfall, then drives to a railroad crossing on the state line between New Hanover and Lemoyne. Arthur parks the wagon on the tracks and unhitches the horses, while the other three wait and hide. Arthur stands on top of the wagon, and forces the train to stop. The group storm the train, and rob the passengers. Eventually, lawmen arrive and order the gang to surrender. They fire on the lawmen, who return fire. After a short firefight, Arthur and the gang get on their horses and ride away. After escaping the lawmen, the four split the take and split up, agreeing to meet back at camp.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Kill all the train guards before Sean fires a shot.
- Clear the baggage car of loot.
- Escape the Law within 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Get 10 kills in Dead Eye.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Multiple lawmen - Killed by Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Sean MacGuire and Charles Smith during the robbery.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills or abandons any member of the gang;
- Allows any member of the gang to be killed;
- Destroys or disables the oil wagon;
- Takes too long to reach the tracks;
- Kills any of the train passengers during the robbery;
- Kills any of the gang's horses;
- Kills their horse;
- Lenny and Bill were originally supposed to be part of the robbery, but scrapped during the development.
- Near the end of the mission, John expresses his suspicion of how quickly the lawmen turned up. The newspapers, available following the mission, report that the law were warned about the robbery beforehand. It is unknown whether someone in the gang secretly leaked the information, someone else outside the gang somehow knew about it or whether the robbery was simply a set-up from the beginning.
- Regardless of whether or not the player has completed "A Fisher of Men", Arthur will still mention that the Pinkertons have found him near Horseshoe Overlook. This is likely an oversight.
- This mission shares a resemblance with a scene from the 2007 film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
- After this mission, players will be able to mark targets manually using Dead Eye.
- Most likely due to a glitch, it is possible to become unable to loot the baggage car, and thus become unable to get a Gold Medal for the mission if the guards in the car are killed in a way that positions their bodies on top, and/or extremely close to the chests the player is supposed to loot. The guards themselves cannot be picked up, and occasionally, not looted either, probably in part to another glitch.