Prairie Poppies are little yellow flowers on top of tiny green bushes. They are very easy to miss anytime, though chances of spotting them are better throughout the day when the sun is high. It makes the green really pop out in the sea of brown that is the Great Plains.
Red Dead Redemption
- Note: prices listed on this page are based upon the player having neutral honor and playing the game on Normal difficulty. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be Increased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor decreases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. While playing the game on Hardcore difficulty, money is more scarce and the base, neutral honor price of each item will be slightly lower.
Note: If the player is doing the Survivalist Challenge, it is unnecessary to buy a Survivalist Map as they are very easy to spot if the player is looking for them.
- 12 Prairie Poppies are needed to complete the Survivalist Challenge Rank 8.
- 2 additional Prairie Poppy must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 10.
- 1 Prairie Poppy can be combined with 1 Wild Feverfew to make Undead Bait, but only after beginning the Survivor mission "A Cure for Most of What Ails You".
- Acquiring Undead Bait for Landon Ricketts is an essential component to completing the Survivor mission "Biographies and Lies"
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Prairie Poppy can be identified by the long stems and golden yellow cup-shaped flowers. The bright color of the flowers can be easily spotted against the dusty ground in the plains. This plant is native to Great Plains, West Elizabeth, and can often be found growing near train tracks. This type of poppy is one of the key ingredients in Snake Oil, though it can also be consumed by itself to increase your Dead Eye Core. 
They are scattered around the eastern and south sides of the Great Plains, particularly on the southern side of the railroad tracks. They are in especially great abundance along the telegraph poles/wires running north-south past Broken Tree and the road that runs through the words "Broken Tree" on the map.
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.
- In-game Description.