Río del Lobo is a canyon that leads down to the San Luis River. It is a convenient shortcut for the player if they are traveling by horse from Armadillo to Chuparosa, as Marston won't have to go all the way around Plainview because of the cliff nearby.
Bounty targets hide out here and the player will be tasked with hunting them down and bringing them in alive or killing them.
In the Liars and Cheats DLC, Río del Lobo is one of the four hunting locations available in the Free Roam Multiplayer mode. Here, players can hunt for wolves, which will attack in waves. After all waves are finished, the legendary animal Keifer the Wolf will appear.
Río del Lobo is home to the second treasure. From the picture to the right, up the slope on the cliffside and on a ledge near the campsite at the top in Del Lobo Rock. The gold found is Jackson's, and can be sold for $125 or $188 with high honor. The gold bars can be sold at Armadillo general store, and MacFarlane's Ranch general store.
- This is an excellent location to find wolves, deer, and foxes.
- According to Baxter Deaton, the Armadillo bank teller, Marshal Leigh Johnson is accused of burying stolen goods at this location. Coincidentally, the second treasure is located here.
- Standing on the highest part of Río Del Lobo, if the player face east and use the Rolling Block Rifle, Manteca Falls can be seen.
- Lewis Shelton can be heard saying that he found coins in the grass at Río del Lobo.
- There is an old, abandoned house here. Inside this house is a chest containing $15-$25.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.