|“||Goddammit! These rabbits are at it again.||„|
|—Bonnie MacFarlane in "New Friends, Old Problems"|
Rabbits are small, non-threatening animals that will tend to flee from the player.
They can be found in almost every location throughout both games.
- One bullet from any weapon kills a rabbit due to its small size, however steadying a shot is the difficult part, as they don't tend to stand still.
- Rabbits also run away from a speeding horse or someone who is running. It is recommended to walk slowly or crouch while searching for them.
- As small animals, rabbits are easily obliterated; even shotguns have to be used at medium range to leave a carcass, and most rifles will destroy a rabbit at any range.
- The best weapons to hunt rabbits are the revolvers/pistols or Throwing Knife.
- In Red Dead Redemption 2, the Varmint Rifle is the ideal weapon to kill a rabbit with, since it can kill it in one shot and will not spoil the pelt.
- The "rabbit" in RDR is the jackrabbit of the American Southwest; technically, however, the jackrabbit is not a rabbit but a hare.
- The Jackalope is exactly the same thing as a rabbit, except it has Buck antlers, and its running animation's speed is increased.
- Rabbits do not appear in Undead Nightmare.
The player must kill a rabbit to successfully complete the following achievement:
Kill every animal species in the game in any game mode.
Obtain 100% game completion
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.