|“||This is Marston's typical clothing when tending the ranch at Beecher's Hope.||„|
At the end of the mission "And The Truth Will Set You Free", Marston's default clothing becomes theRancher Clothing. For several major gameplay missions, Marston cannot change his outfit in any safehouse or camp. The player will not be able to change outfits again until completing the mission "The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed".
In Undead Nightmare it is obtained at the start of the game and is seen briefly at the beginning of Love in the Time of Plague.
- The Bandolier is not shown while wearing this outfit.
- Sometimes, after using the cheat to unlock the Rancher Clothing and then putting it on, the game may not let the player change outfits again unless reloading or using the Jack Attack cheat.
- Sometimes, when wearing the outfit, Marston may be called "Preacher". This is a direct reference to Clint Eastwood's character in the western Pale Rider.
- It is unknown how Jack obtained the outfit seeing his father was shot to death and presumably buried in it. However, John Marston's undead appearance suggests he was buried in the elegant suit, Jack himself wears a similar outfit in the missions before John's death, and several NPC's are seen in similar clothing, meaning Jack may have patched up the outfit after his father's death, or more likely either purchased it in the years following his father's death or updated his version in the same timeframe.
- On the trailer Marston is seen wearing this outfit in the mission "At Home With Dutch".
- There is an occasional glitch when choosing this outfit as Jack Marston. Upon selection of the Rancher Clothing, Jack will change into his regular Cowboy Outfit, or stay in the outfit the player is currently wearing. This can be fixed by reloading a save.
- A similar outfit is seen in the epilogue for Red Dead Redemption II, simply dubbed "The Rancher" it's nearly identical to this one with the exception of a pair of range gloves and a slightly different vest.
- It is also shown in the epilogue that the shirt from this outfit was a gift from Abigail.
- A version similar to the RDR1 version (unbuttoned vest and unbuttoned shirt) is seen in the credits.
Obtaining the Rancher Outfit will contribute toward acquisition of the following Achievement/Trophy:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.