This page describes one of Red Dead Wiki's policies and guidelines
All users are expected to follow policy, except where it would damage the wiki. If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
While any user on Red Dead Wiki can edit articles, upload images and more, certain users on Red Dead Wiki have access to additional functions to keep this wiki running smoothly. These users are called "administrators" or "staff."
However, all editors are equal, and administrators should not be considered as being "in charge." Administrators can help resolve discussions, but they are there to uphold good behaviour, not to to tell other users what to do.
Administrators on Red Dead Wiki are split into several types:
- Patrollers are users who were granted the "rollback" tool, which allows them to revert multiple edits at once; they work to keep the wiki's content clean from typos, vandalism or inaccurate information. They also report acts of repeated vandalism to Moderators and Admins.
- Discord/Chat Moderators - Trusted and mature users who help out in maintaining the Red Dead Wiki's Discord server. They watch out the server and its various channels, can delete messages, and can kick/ban users of the server who misbehave or break the chat's rules.
- Discussion Moderators - Users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having discussions. As such, they can remove/restore threads and replies of any user, close/reopen threads, operate the Forums, and edit or delete blog/article comments. They also possess rights of Discord Mods, and can kick/ban users of the server.
- Content Moderators - Users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the community. As such they can delete/move protected pages and files as well as undelete them, re-uploading files, and protect/un-protect articles. They also possess the "Rollback" tool, and oversee that mainspace articles remain in top condition.
- Moderators - Chief Moderators, who possess abilities and rights owned by both Content and Discussion Moderators, as well as Discord Moderators. Their main role is to serve as overseers of the rest of the Moderator classes, and they are lead candidates to adminship.
- Administrators - System Operators (SysOps). They possess all rights owned by the different classes of Moderators. In addition, they can block/unnblock usernames/IPs, grant users with Discussion/Discord Moderator rights on behalf of the Bureaucrats, and edit the Red Dead Wiki's interface and skin. As senior members of the wiki, Administrators can and should help out in disputes, and lead projects and concepts to the benefit of the wiki.
- Bureaucrats - Chief Administrators and the highest local-level authority on the wiki. They possess all rights available to Patrollers, Moderators and Admins, as well as having the additional ability to grant the Rollback tool, Content Moderator and Administrator rights. As the highest-ranked users, Bureaucrats are required to take part in major community decisions and can have the final word in disputes.
- List of all users with Administrative access: Special:Listusers/sysop
| Raziel Reaper|
| Linus Spacehead|
| Kitchi Machk|
| The Supreme Argonian|
There are currently no Chat Moderators on the Red Dead Wiki
There are currently no Patrollerts on the Red Dead Wiki
- Blaff 60 (talk · contribs) (August 24, 2010 - July 27, 2016; inactivity since May 15, 2013; October 16, 2016 - July 29, 2017)
- WugHD2.0 (talk · contribs) (May 10, 2010 - November 8, 2010; officially removed on February 3, 2012)
- Chat Moderators
Wikia Staff & Helpers
Becoming an administrator
Any user can nominate themselves to become an admin. See Red Dead Wiki:Requests for Promotion for more information. Anyone can comment on the nomination, but the final decision is made by a Bureaucrat.