Welcome to Red Dead Wiki: Requests for Promotion.
On this page, you may apply for a Rollback tool, Discord moderation position, Moderator rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Moderators are a wide class of experienced or trustworthy users and editors who form the second, third and forth stages in the staff hierarchy.
For a Moderator request to pass, the nominated editor should have 70% 'yes' percentage.
Discussion Moderators are editors and users who were noted to be trustworthy and mature enough to take care of the wiki's forums and blogs, serving as peacekeepers and dispute breakers of "conversation areas" outside the mainspace and Discord areas. Their rights allow them to edit/remove comments made on threads and blogs, as well as close or reopen threads.
To qualify for discussion management, the requesting users:
- Must have been on the wiki for at least two months.
- Must have at least 75 Discussion/forum edits.
- Have a history of maintaining civil behavior in Discussions.
Users with a history of cooling down heated discussions will be favored.
Vacancy: 1 position is vacant.
Content Moderators are experienced editors deemed suitable for maintenance of the mainspace area of the wiki. Aside from having the Rollback tool, they can also protect pages and delete/undelete pages and files. They can also rename files and protected pages.
To qualify for mainspace content moderation, the requesting editors:
- Must have been active contributors of the wiki for at least four months.
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 400 edits.
Vacancy: 1 position is vacant.
Administrators, shortened to Admins and also referred to as SysOps, are senior and extremely experienced editors who have proven themselves to be trustworthy enough with a wide-scale maintenance and overseeing of the Red Dead Wiki. They possess all abilities and rights granted to Patrollers and Moderators, but can also issue blocks to misbehaving users or vandals, or alternatively unblock them. They can also promote other users to Discussion Moderators.
To qualify for adminship, the requested editors:
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 400 edits.
- Have been active on the wiki for at least six months.
- Have not been blocked in the past two months.
Under most circumstances, editors who wish to become Admins should already be members of the wiki staff, preferably Content Moderators or overall Moderators, unless decided otherwise by a Bureaucrat. For an Admin request to pass, the nominated editor should have 70% 'yes' percentage.
Vacancy: 1 position is vacant.
Bureaucrats are the most senior editors of the wiki; chief-administrators who oversee the entire wiki, its mainspace area, Discussions, Forums and Discord. They possess all rights granted to Admins, but can also grant all local-level rights to users, as well as demote any other local-level right except for Bureaucratship itself.
To qualify for chief-adminship, the requested editors:
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 1000 edits.
- Must already be an Admin, at least six to eight months in role.
- Have been active for at least a year overall.
Bureaucrat is a limited-used right and should only be requested when the wiki is in dire need of Bureaucrats. When such nominations are brought up, the nominated editor should have 75% 'yes' percentage.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Voting can be participated by members of the community. For editing/leadership-related positions, the voter must have at least 25 mainspace edits and have been a member of the community for a month. For chat/discussion positions, the voter must be an active member of either the Discord server (in case of Chat Moderation), or the Discussions area (in case of Discussions Moderation).
When voting, users must place their votes under the "Votes" header, while stating their reasoning behind their vote. Users who fail to state their reasons for their votes will have their vote disqualified from the request's final verdict.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
ceebee-ceebee-ceebee - Content Moderator
Hey, I'm ceebee-ceebee-ceebee (just CB, please) and I wish to become a content moderator on the Red Dead Redemption Wikipedia.
This game is my life. I have played the first and second games, and am planning to download Undead Nightmare in the near future. I have completed multiple runthroughs and have completed 100% of each game. I participate in discussions on Discord and Reddit. I am bilingual and speak Japanese along with English and could help to translate pages on the wiki. However English is my native language and I do not mind correcting and editing spelling and grammar errors on various pages. I enjoy finding little-known information and secrets about all games, along with mysterious strangers and strange random encounters. I moderate 3 discord servers and have experience in essay writing and online leadership. I believe I would be a good addition to the Red Dead Redemption Wikipedia team. Thank you for your vote. (1:10 PM EST, 6/14/2020)
- no Because CB is a new editor with few edits, the position of Content Moderator is currently too much of a long shot. It’s stated above that editors in this position are recommended to have roughly 400 edits and four months' experience on this site, which this user does not have at the moment. Furthermore, more versatility in edits would be needed, as Content Moderators need to capable of a wide range of actions. As such, my vote is a no, on the grounds that more experience is required. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:08, June 14, 2020 (UTC)
- no Per Wag, beyond both thresholds of contribution count and membership on the site not being reached, I have also not seen many constructive edits from CB among the slightly over a dozen they have made. It will be a no from me. H. Roosevelt (talk) 22:00, June 15th, 2020
- no Also Per Wag. The position of content moderator isn't something that we just hand out, promotions to such a position require months of experience editing on the platform, in addition to a comprehensive knowledge on the wiki's subject. Though, while CB has been active on the wiki's Discord server for many months, they have slowly proven themselves to be both a friendly and approachable member of the community. I do, however, firmly believe that CB will one day be a welcome addition to our team once a higher edit count is achieved. 05:29, June 16, 2020 (UTC)
H. Roosevelt - Administrator
Hello everyone, this is H. Roosevelt and I will be applying for the position of Administrator.
I have considered posting a submission and recently decided to do so as to fairly be granted the role. While I currently already possess the rights due to having been promoted under the circumstances of the position needing to be filled a few months back, I have considered myself "acting" since my promotion had not been voted on. I'll try to keep this brief since this does not concern adding a new member of staff.
Through my time making contributions to this wiki, I've maintained a focus on improving existing pages relevant to the Redmption saga while also creating several for both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, with more I have and will expand on the latter. I plan to continue adding details to character pages as well as organize/condense Trivia sections of both those and other articles as well in order to bring them up to date. Among that, I have kept a communicative attitude with fellow members of staff and made an effort to patrol consistently to properly deal with forms of vandalism and mend legitimate situations when available.
With that stated, I hope to continue serving as a member of this site's staff as an admin and further extend thanks to everyone who considers my application. H. Roosevelt (talk) 23:40, April 17th, 2020
- yes Roosevelt has continuously proved to be a reliable editor, commonly making high-quality contributions and being well-informed about recent events. Additionally, the user in question is mature and level-headed, being co-operative with other editors and quick to notice and undo vandalism. All the while, Roosevelt is an experienced editor who has access to admin-level permissions, which is useful for the staff as a whole as it means that there is another person with the ability to put blocks in place. Overall, yes, I certainly think this user deserves the position of administrator. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 15:31, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Roosevelt has been doing a great job with his edits. He is quite knowledgeable about the Redemption titles - not to mention how useful he is with his proficiency when it comes to Red Dead Online. Roosevelt is very reliable not only with his edits, but with his constant presence on both the Wiki and the Discord. Whenever there is a need of handling inappropriate behaviour of a user, he is there to deal with it and always one to suggest solutions to any potential issues concerning the Wiki. The user is more than deserving of the position. User:Petkoholic (talk) 04:01, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Seddielover12 - Content Moderator
EDIT: If I may add that, I realized I have said unappropriated comments in the summary section before and it was very irresponsible of me. As a admin of other wikis, I should have known better and hold every wiki I edit to the same, if not better standard of the other wikis I manage. I want it to be known that moving forward, I will refrain from making such remarks, only using such section for its proper usage. I can be a responsible and capable addition to the team.
Hi I'm user Seddielover12, you can call me Seddie for short. I've been contributing since October 2019 with 1,216 edits (and counting) and today I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and put a request in for the position of content moderator.
I have proper knowledge of the Red Dead series, wiki formatting, fluent grammar and the required leadership needed for the position. In addition, I am currently an admin on two other wikis, showing that I have a handle on how a wiki is supposed to be run. With this promotion, I feel I can help the Wiki improve all around.
- yes As it currently stands, we are in dire need of new members of staff, and for quite some time Seddie has stood out from the crowd. Whether it be cleaning up article formatting or what not, Seddie has mostly, if not always, been on top of it. For those reasons, I believe Seddie would be an excellent addition to the team.
23:54, March 14, 2020 (UTC)
- no While I am among those appreciative of most contributions Seddie has made, being a member of community staff takes some level of cooperation. With that stated, Seddie has a habit of ostensibly directing snarky comments towards users in situations where it often hasn’t been warranted. Such behavior makes me reluctant to allow a staff position to be granted. Of course, not all members of staff are going to agree on everything but with that sort of attitude showing no improvement as of recent, it is a no from me. User:H. Roosevelt March 17th, 2020 (UTC)
- yes The user has certainly shown themselves to be a competent editor, performing various clean-ups across the wiki on a range of pages, with proficiency in using Classic Editor, adding images, and rewording. As Linus mentioned, Seddie has also been very active in the past few months, which is definitely a bonus. In lieu of some of the concerns raised by Roosevelt, I, too, have noticed a tendency to - on occasion - make snide comments, particularly in the edit summary section. This doesn’t take away from Seddielover's skill and potential, but nonetheless, refraining from this would be ideal.
- On message walls, however, Seddielover's conduct has generally been very good. The user in question is often friendly and polite, which is important for staff members, and can be helpful and constructive as well, which is also a good quality to have for the desired role. Meanwhile, having experience in administration on other wikis also adds to Seddielover's merits. As such, I do believe that this user would be a good addition to the current team. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:21, March 17, 2020 (UTC)
Petkoholic - Content Moderator
Hello, my name is Petkoholic and i am one of the members here on Read Dead Wiki. I have been here for more than a year now, and today i would like to put in my request for promotion to the position of content moderator. Considering there is a vacant position and with the promotion of Roosevelt, i believe it would be beneficial if a successor is appointed so the Wiki can operate at its full potential. I firmly believe that my knowledge of both of the games would help the Wiki become a better source for the readers as i continue to discover new things each and every time i get to play any of the games.
- yes Petkoholic has made constructive edits while active and has shown to hold a keen sense of knowledge on the series' two Redemption titles both on-site and within the Discord server. With these traits being beneficial for a Content Moderator to have, in my opinion, combined with his cooperative attitude, it's a yes from me. User:H. Roosevelt March 11th, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Roosevelt sums it up quite well. Petko has indeed shown himself to be very knowledgable on the subject of the series and I personally believe that the opportunity that has currently been presented to him is without a doubt his time to shine. 12:34, March 11, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Like Linus said, Roosevelt sums it up well so i don't have much to say, but nonetheless i believe Petko as a content moderator would be a very good addition to our staff team. Ricketts Landon, 21:24, March 11, 2020 (UTC +1)
- yes Petko has always possessed a fantastic level of gameplay-related knowledge on both Redemption games, as he frequently demonstrates with his edits; having someone within the staff team with such knowledge would certainly be beneficial to us all. In addition, Petko is friendly and has a constructive, reasonable attitude that will surely come in useful when working with other staff and communicating with other editors.
- Regarding activity, the user in question has a steady flow of contributions which satisfies what’s necessary for a staff member. In terms of edits, I would suggest using Classic Editor/Source Editor as much as possible, as this allows for greater versatility. Ultimately, though, I am confident that Petko will make a good fit and I look forward to working with him in the future. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 20:48, March 11, 2020 (UTC)
- yes I've known Petko for quite some time now, and I know he would thrive in this position. Knowing he has great insight on unused models, files, and many other things. I believe he is quite adequately suited for this role in the staff team. I know his level of knowledge exceeds even the biggest fans (including myself).
Linus Spacehead - Bureaucrat
Hello, my name is Linus Spacehead, one of the administrators here on the Red Dead Wiki. I have been serving the Wiki as a member of staff since June 4th, 2018, and today I'll finally be putting in my request for a promotion to the position of bureaucrat. As it currently stands, the current bureaucrat, Jack, hasn't been very active in the position in recent months, and with the resignation of Raziel, I believe that it's time a successor is appointed in order to properly administrate the wiki, in Jack's absence. By absolutely no means do I intend on "usurping" Jack or anything of the sort, though I feel that with the addition of me as a bureaucrat will be beneficial to the wiki as we slowly but surely head towards the new era, starting with Fandom's new unified platform coming in the future. Change is coming to the platform, and I say this is a perfect place to start.
19:41, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
- yes From the day I first became an administrator on this wiki, members have come and gone. Many of the older administrator and bureaucrats are long gone and have moved on in life. Matt, however stands out. He joined the wiki not so long after I first became an admin on here, he contributed to a lot during his first year on the wiki while also engaging in the discord server and learning the ropes of running a wiki-platform. Matt is a versatile editor that not only contributes with quality but also knows the ins-and-outs of the wiki, more specifically the back-end of it. This part of administration is a very valuable asset that few editors know, Matt stands out in that way.
- Matt has, however, occasionally acted in an unprofessional way in various occasions, this however is from my perspective gone and does not affect his duties as a staff-member. While Matt might have a strong opinion on something he never lets it get in the way of his duty as a staff member: to act unbiased and correct by following and enforcing the wiki's guidelines.
- Matt has contributed to some of best laughs I've ever had online and continues to do so. The Discord-server - while not being a primary part of the wiki - is still very essential when it comes to engaging with the communioty and staff. He is a friend of mine and also a friend of the wiki, and thus I rest my case. It's a clear yes for me. Best regards, JackiBackiBoy 20:01, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
- no After giving this one a lot of consideration, I’ve ultimately settled on a no. The overarching reason for this is a lack of activity in recent times. Linus is capable of editing with considerable quality if he puts his mind to it, and he is able to operate pages such as the MediaWiki:Wikiacss page. However, he can currently do all of this as an admin, and I am unconvinced that, just because he is able to do this, he should therefore be bureaucrat. Most of his contributions recently have been fairly minor, and he hasn’t been involved in any big revamps, projects, and most importantly of all, his presence in the community has been fairly minimal - on both the wiki and the discussions. Thus, I am reluctant to give him such a position.
- On Discord, Linus is generally friendly and he can be a lot of fun. Be that as it may, I do not consider this a valid reason to promote someone to bureaucrat. His behaviour on the server continues to improve, but I still do not feel as if it is quite where it should be for a position requiring plenty of maturity, a cool-head, and an impartial view on issues. While I will not name them, there have been a few incidents which have made me hesitant to consider him an ideal bureaucrat in terms of behaviour.
- As an administrator, Linus is capable of doing many things. However, I am satisfied with this and believe that administrator is, for the moment, a good position for him. The main difference with him being bureaucrat is the leadership required for it, and while I do believe that Linus is capable of it, the main sysop with the biggest presence on the wiki, and the one who has been most involved in running the wiki in Jack's absence, has been myself. To conclude, Linus’ activity must increase if he is to become bureaucrat - in terms of both frequency and the size of his contributions. His presence on the wiki must increase and he needs to be a leading member of the community, and while behaviour on Discord is a fairly minor issue, I would like to see a slight improvement there as well. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 11:51, December 12, 2019 (UTC)
- no We do need a Bureaucrat, but like Wag said, you are a very skilled and talented editor, but sometimes you can be very unprofessional. You have started to make some minor edits in the last days, yet I don't think you have been active enough to become a Bureaucrat.
- no While this site may need another Bureaucrat at some point, Linus hasn't been as productive in making contributions as someone seeking the position or displayed the ideal behavior of potentially holding it. As noted by those before me, the promotion is also not required to assist as an admin. While it really doesn't take an extended set of interactions in order for me to make an assessment on whether you are a cooperative editor, I also haven't seen a serious sense of responsibility as of yet. For those reasons, my vote is no. User:H. Roosevelt December 12, 2019 (UTC)
Ricketts Landon - Content Moderator
Result: Request closed as approved - JackiBackiBoy 19:16, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
Hi everyone, it's Ricketts Landon or Landon Ricketts Jr. on the Discord server and i am doing this request to ask if i can become a content moderator.
Earlier this morning, Wagwan offered me a chance to become a content moderator here on this wiki and i decided to accept.I started editing on this wiki since May, and i have contributed well since and have proven myself to be a good editor here.I think me as a content moderator would a good addition, because i'm trustworthy, often here editing on the wiki and improve it.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
- yes Absolutely, throughout his time on the wiki, Ricketts has shown himself to be a skillful editor, as well as an approachable person. Nobody is better suited for the role than Ricketts. 13:26, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
- yes I have seen Landon's activity, and I feel he would be a good addition to the team. Though I Haven't talked to him much, so I don't know what he's like, I don't think that should cover up how good he is at editing.-- Janus, 13:40, December 9, 2019 (UTC+1)
- yes I have considered Ricketts Landon as a potential contender for this role for some time now. Crucially, Ricketts Landon is very familiar with Red Dead Online, which is arguably an area of the wiki that could benefit hugely from further development. The user in question is also fairly proficient in technical aspects of editing, such as making tables, editing infoboxes, adding images, and altering templates - all of which are important skills for a Content Moderator to possess. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 13:07, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Although I haven't engaged in conversation with Rickets, nor have I been active enough to reflect over his editing, I can still investigate his contribution-history, which I have. His contributions tell me that he is a dynamic editor that not only contributes in quantity, but also quality. The contributions are versatile, and also hold a high quality. Overall I find Rickets to be a valuable asset to our staff team and I see great potential in him. I would, however, advice him to start editing with the source-editor, i.e wikitext. This will improve your editing quality even greater and will open up more possibilites in the future. Best regards, Jack. JackiBackiBoy 15:25, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Ricketts has more or less shown himself to be a reliable editor. His recent contributions have been consistently productive and I've even seen how well he's handled a situation on an occasion. With a position on the staff team open, I see no more qualified candidate. User:H. Roosevelt December 9, 2019 (UTC)
Wagwan piffting23 - Administrator
- Closed on July 31st, 2019 as Approved -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 20:05, July 31, 2019 (UTC)
Hello. I am Wag, and this is my request to become an administrator on the Red Dead Wiki.
As some of you may already know, I have been thinking about making this request for a few weeks now. I now feel as though I’m ready.
This promotion would boost my user rights in terms of the discussions sector and the MediaWiki pages. I think that both would be appropriate, as I’ll hopefully explain. In terms of discussions, I (as I write this) have 124 discussion posts, and I am also fairly active on that part of the wiki. As I’m sure some other staff members will know, I often send discussions that need to be taken down into the Discord server, and so having Administrator/Sysop rights would allow me to take them down quickly, without having to use the time of others to delete such discussions.
In addition to this, I am active in other parts of the wiki, whether it be articles, template, or (potentially) the MediaWiki CSS page. During an afternoon where I had temporary Sysop rights, I proved that I am able to operate the page in question. Since then, I have looked carefully at the page and discovered that I can, I believe, help with sorting out the colour of blog comment boxes, among various other thing, such as sorting out the colour of staff names. I think that, if I’m able to do this, then being able to do it would allow me to edit more sections of the wiki to the best of my ability.
The third and final advantage of having me as an Administrator on the wiki, is that the wiki may benefit from having another one anyway. Having an additional to staff member to block vandals, for example, may come in handy, as evidenced when I and another user were given temporary block rights to help deal with a bout of malicious sockpuppets. Having another person to deal with unwanted discussions would certainly be beneficial, in my opinion, and given that I am arguably the most active staff member (which should continue given my passion for editing and that I have an upcoming gap year), I should be able to do this whenever necessary. If, therefore, another administrator would be useful, I would say that I am the most experienced candidate available, with more than 2000 edits overall, covering a range of sectors.
Thank you for reading this, I hope this wasn’t too long-winded.
- yes I know you as one of the (still) active staff members on the Red Dead Wiki. You understand the basics of editing a wiki and how to lead a community. Hopefully you are interested in being an admin for the long-term period. Otherwise I see no contra arguments for you as a future admin. Cyanide3 (talk) 18:00, July 24, 2019 (UTC)
- yes While I would normally be hesitant to say yes due to how early I think this application is for an admin request, you've more than proven yourself and you've shown definite interest and passion for the community and the wiki, both in terms of editing and discussing. Hopefully you don't contract admin syndrome. -Kerbert
- yesI was the one who asked you to make your previous Content Moderator request, and my view on your editing skill has only increased. You are one of the best editors here, as well as possibly the most active staff member on the wiki. I see no reason to vote against this request. -Pizza
- yes In my time working with Wag, I came to know a quick-learning and energetic editor with excellent contributions all around. He is easy to approach, always tries to settle things politely and calmly, and never slips off to immaturity. As far as I'm concerned, he is the most qualified editor for adminship on this wiki. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 20:41, July 24, 2019 (UTC)
- yesWag has been one of the most cooperative users I've had the pleasure of working with. It's a definite yes from me. - User:H. Roosevelt
H. Roosevelt - Content Moderator
Hello, this is Roosevelt and I will be applying for the position of Content Moderator.
My time on this wiki began when I started editing on it a couple years back. Though it was mostly just here and there at the time, I have taken to contributing more frequently and extensively. As of recent, I try to make edits with as much necessary detail as possible to expand on article stubs and clean up discrepancies.
Among what I have already contributed, I plan to continue gearing my edits towards expanding articles of both minor and major characters from the two titles of the Redemption saga as well as continuing to add improved images when possible.
- yes As one who recommended Roosevelt for the position in the first place, I have absolute faith in him as a content moderator. Roosevelt is friendly, mature and open, in addition to being a proficient writer; these qualities make him well-suited to the role in question. Furthermore, Roosevelt appears to possess a certain degree of knowledge on Red Dead Online, which is a fast-growing area on the wiki, and having a staff member who is knowledgable on this subject would be very beneficial for the wiki. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 08:59, June 30, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Per Wag 09:52, June 30, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Roosevelt is a level-headed user with great contribution quality. I don't recall any incidents with him, he's always quick to revert vandalism and report problematic users and articles. I believe that the additional tools of a Content Moderator would help him continue his already solid work, and the maturity he often displays only enhances this feeling. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 15:09, June 30, 2019 (UTC)
- yesRoosevelt has honestly been doing more work on patrolling the wiki than most of our staff recently, and I can find no issues relating to you. --Pizza
- yesHis writing skills is definitely something we need on this wiki both in an editor and a staff member. --Kerb
Wagwan piffting23 - Content Moderator
Hi all, this is Wag. This is my request to become a Content Moderator on the Red Dead Wiki.
Due to the resignation of the long-time Administrator JamesTheNerdKing, there is now a vacancy within the staff team. ProudToBePizza has asked that I make such a request, which I have accepted.
I have been a Patroller for a month and a half or so, and in that time, I have gained plenty of experience, made lots of edits to the wiki, and got to know the staff team. I therefore feel that, with this experience, a position of Content Moderator would be a suitable progression for me to make.
Additionally, when this merge with Gamepedia happens, I believe that having an extra staff member with Content Moderator rights would be beneficial for ensuring that the merge goes as well as possible, especially given that there is now one less person in the staff team with these rights.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
- yesWith James gone, we need more people to step up into higher positions. Wag is one of our more active staff members and have a good deal of edits after all. He is the best and only choice for this promotion. -Pizza
- yes I see your work on this wiki and how you put so much quality in an article. Also you watch over the activity and correct other edits so the article becomes even better. I wouldn't have anything against you being in a higher position. You deserve it. Cyanide3 (talk) 17:39, May 20, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Among our best contributors nowadays. Has a talent for editing, friendly and easy to approach when it comes to Wiki - he is tailored for this position. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 19:58, May 22, 2019 (UTC)
Haras - Chat/Discord Moderator (Approved)
Hello, some of you may already know me. I'm Haras. I used to browse here way back in the day under another account. Granted, I've matured substantially since those days and hope any foolhardy behavior from my teenaged years aren't of too much importance.
I was contacted by the moderation team that my application would be greatly appreciated as they feel I am a befitting member of the community to potentially become a chat moderator. As you can see, I have accepted this offer.
If I become a chat moderator, I will try to enforce the rules to the best of my ability, and keep things civil amongst those in said chat.
- yesYoure one of if not the most active member on the server, and you've improved to the point where I trust you to uphold the rules on the server. Plus we are in need of a chat moderator, so I think you'll make a great addition to the team- Kerbert27
- yesPer Kerbert, you've already established yourself as one of the most active members of our Discord server and one of the most approachable. I have confidence that you'll be a great fit. 14:17, April 13, 2019 (UTC)
- yes - I believe you'll be a good member of staff, though I'm not entirely sure. However, given your behavior and demeanor towards other users, I'm willing to see how your perform as a staff member. Steven James (talk) 14:53, April 13, 2019 (UTC)
- yes While the server is currently calm with the lack of any new updates or releases, having one user specifically dedicated for monitoring it will be a great asset, especially given the fact that all other users with chat mod rights have other occupations on the wiki front. Haras has steadily grown to become a notable member of the Discord server and I have faith he will do a good job. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 18:05, April 13, 2019 (UTC)
Wagwan piffting23 - Patroller (Approved)
Hi, this is Wagwan piffting23 and I am here to ask if I can become a patroller on Red Dead Wiki.
I have been editing on the wiki for three months now, and in that time I have gained experience and made edits to a number of pages. I currently plan on writing more on the mission pages, improving some of the images, cleaning up some articles and stopping vandals or troublesome editors from ruining pages, with the latter being a problem recently. I feel that becoming a patroller would allow me to help others in keeping this wiki written at the high standard that it should be.
Thank you for taking time to read this, and happy editing!
- yes I've been following his activity and edits for the last couple of months and I must say that wherever Wagwan goes - the article will be perfectly written (example: the character pages for RDRII). He is a friendly user and has some stable knowledge for both games. He would be a very good patroller for keeping the wiki filled with knowledge. Cyanide3 (talk) 17:56, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
- yes - Wag is easily one of the most promising editors we have nowadays. He constantly edit quality contributions to pages, very active and quick to notice vandalism and other disturbances across the wiki. I have no doubt Wag would make a fantastic addition. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 18:47, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Cyanide sums it up brilliantly, Wag is a brilliant example of what an editor of this wiki should be. I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table as part of the team! 18:50, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
- yes He's certainly one of my hopes for staff. He edits well and on a regular basis. I believe he'll be a good member of staff. Steven James (talk) 19:53, March 28, 2019 (UTC)
- yesWagwin is one of the few editors who's edits I do not check because they are always perfect. With many members of the staff team including me slowing down on our patrolling, I see new staff members essential, and believe that he is perhaps the best candidate currently available for this role. - Pizza
- yesWhile I'm not an editor, I may not be the most qualified to comment, but his edits seem plentiful, and if other staff like him, then I suppose I trust him too. - Kerbert27
ProudToBePizza - Content Moderator (Approved)
Hey, I am ProudToBePizza, and I am currently a Patroller on the Wiki.
I became a Patroller on the wiki on November 29th, just shortly over a month ago. Despite being fairly new to the staff team, I have helped straighten out and correct users many times, while also revamping and greatly expanding countless pages across the wiki. It is also during this time that I witnessed LS11sVaultBoy's resignation, leaving the wiki with only four staff members who have permissions in the Content Sector. This number will soon likely become five as Brave Bear looks like he will be promoted. I feel that for a wiki with over three thousand pages, dozens of edits per day, and many active editors we need more staff who have the tools to ensure it stays neat and tidy, which is why I am applying today.
- yes There is not an awful lot to say about this application as it's a loud and clear yes. Pizza has been extremely active and made significant contributions to the wiki, as a whole, since joining at the beginning of November. Therefore I see Pizza as the perfect, if not only, choice as our first Content Moderator in a while. – Kitchi Machk (talk) 17:43, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Despite being here for quite a short time you have proven yourself more than capable of handling such rights. It's definitely a yes from me. 18:23, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
- yes - No objections here. You're rapidly improving yourself as both an editor and a member of the community, quick to fix issues or deal with vandalism, and does a good job maintaining the articles ina good condition. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 19:37, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
- yes - I think Pizza will do a good job. We could use another content moderator. Steven James (talk) 21:13, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
User:Linus Spacehead – Administrator (Declined)
Hello, I'm Linus.
I've been a member of staff on the Red Dead Wiki for almost a year now, ranging from the role of Patroller all the way up to my current position as Moderator.
I will agree that, yes, it has been a pretty eventful year for me as a member of staff, but in the end, I still recovered from each bump in the road. During my time as an editor, I have reached almost one thousand edits, despite most of them just being general housekeeping. Having the role of moderator has given me the exact tools that I've needed to enhance my experience as an editor, and now I feel that it's finally time for me to take the next step in my editing career.
With Raziel's recent promotion to bureaucrat, it has created a rift within the staff hierarchy, and as the first member of staff to be appointed after JamesTheNerdKing in 2017, I believe that I am the most experienced candidate to take on the role. I believe that I am ready to make this jump.
Thank you for the opportunity that has been presented to me thus far.
19:30, January 4, 2019 (UTC)
- yes - Despite occasionally getting into arguments with others in discord, Linus is one of if not the most active staff member in patrolling and correcting the mistakes of other editors. In addition, he has been on the wiki for a good while so he has a good deal of experience with administrating. -Pizza
- no - While Matt has improved himself since mid 2018, both in terms of behavior and as staff member in general, I don't feel he's fit for the position. Some incidents with Matt are still fresh in my mind, and I am still unsure about entrusting him with adminship. I stand by what I said in his previous admin nomination; I still believe he has ways to go before becoming an admin, plus get a more consistent control over himself in situations and less bias when dealing in feuds (which seems to have been improving). The same goes for his edits too, and I still wish to see more substantial edits before I vote for support. As such, I oppose this nomination for the time being. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 21:10, January 4, 2019 (UTC)
- no-Raz said it all. You're far too biased and immature at times to handle administrator rights. During tense situations you don't often handle them in the most graceful manner. And you also aren't the most user friendly mod. This is nothing personal, its just, like Raziel said, many of these incidents are far too fresh to be disregarded. - User:Kerbert27
- no - Raziel and Kerbert pretty much stated my reason. Aside from that, I feel that there are some people meant to do certain things. People like me are made to be administrators. People like Linus are meant to be moderators. People like Jacki are meant to be thrown out in a coup. Still, I do see you as an administrator. If we can get to June 2119 without other incidents, then I'll probably vote his next request. Steven James (talk) 01:10, January 5, 2019 (UTC)
User:Kitchi Machk – Moderator (Approved)
Howdy there, partner.
You may know me as Kitchi Machk or Brave Bear, or not at all but this is my application for the position of Moderator.
It will be difficult to contend that these past couples of months haven’t been relatively busy, or interesting for that matter, due to the increase in posts, edits and users in general. However, it has also been an interesting time for me personally as I made the shift from the Argent Archives to the Red Dead Wiki – while I initially feared that the passion I had for editing on the former had disappeared during the transition, it later became quite clear that it hardly was the case. Actually, quite the contrary.
I have, more or less, been browsing both Discussions and the wiki as a whole since I joined the community almost two months ago – actively attempting to leave a trail of quality content, helpful answers and a general good vibe in my wake. This, amongst other things, is why I think the next logical step for me is to apply for the position of Moderator, an opinion which most of you out there hopefully will agree with.
Thank you for taking your time to read this, and have a good one.
Kitchi Machk // Brave Bear
- yes Kitchi is already a discussions moderator, and is in addition one of the most active editors. He is already patrolling the content sector, and with the additional privileges the Moderator position grants, he will be able to do this far more effectively. -Pizza
- yes Per Pizza 23:30, January 3, 2019 (UTC)
- noWhile he has proven to be a very good discussions moderator thus far, I have to say no. First off, he does not even meet the requirement of being a content moderator first. And secondly, this is far too early after his discussions moderator request in early December. I do acknowledge that all 3 of us discussions mods were accepted despite all 3 of us having been very new to the wiki. But I feel this is just pushing the line. Only one month after becoming discussion mod, which in itself was only a few weeks after he joined the discussions, its far too early to now be applying for Moderator. So for those reasons Ill have to say no. -Kerbert27
- yes - As the one who pushed Bear to put up his nomination request, I have full faith in him as a Moderator. Aside from wonderful edits and strong desire to constantly improve both himself and the different aspects of the wiki, Bear has also shown to be a very level-headed individual who is both friendly and insightful when it comes wiki politics and approach to users. A good Moderator is not only someone who excels at both editing and Discussions/Chat areas, but one who possesses the right demeanor and attitude, and frankly, Bear is a shining example of that. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 23:43, January 3, 2019 (UTC)
- yes Kitchi is a responsible staff member and a competent editor, as well as a friendly member of the community, and I believe he will do an excellent job as moderator. - The Supreme Argonian (talk) 23:45, January 3, 2019 (UTC)
- yes I feel Bear has been a good staff member so far, and he does deserve this promotion. He'll make a good moderator, and I have complete faith in Bear that he'll continue doing the good work he's done so far. Steven James (talk) 01:14, January 4, 2019 (UTC)
User:Kerbert27 - Discussions Moderator (Approved)
Hello, I'm Kerbert27, but most just call me Kerb. I am requesting the role of Discussions Moderator. I know I havent been here for too long, but I believe my quality as a moderator makes up for my lack of time here.
I have been a member of FANDOM for going on 2 years. I started out on the Elder Scrolls Wiki and I've made names for myself and met new friends across many wikias, such as the Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Bloodborne, and of course, Red Dead Wiki. I am a highly regular user and I'd love to see this wiki become a welcoming and informational place.
I have had experience modding on the Metal Gear Wikia, where I have been a Discussions Moderator going on 6 months now. I am one of the most active users there, and I believe I can use my skills with people and modding on the Red Dead Wikia as well. I am very user friendly and I'll be sure to stay active and interactive with users if I become mod. My method of modding is simple; I only use my moderator powers as a last resort. When addressing a situation, such as a feud between two users, I converse with them to see if we can settle things peacefully. I wont use my powers as a moderator as a threat when dealing with users. But if worst comes to worst, I wont hesitate to act fast.
I live on the West Coast of the United States, and with Argonian living in the UK, I can be active whenever he may not. Even if y'all decide that I may be unfit, I welcome any criticisms so that I may improve myself. I just wanna work to making this Wiki a more friendly, professional, respectful, and welcoming place.
Thank you for your time.
- yes - Solid contributions to the Discussions area, and while I'm not too fond of using a numbering of several wikis to state one's skill, it does help that you already have some experience with the position. Also worthwhile to notice that Kerb's timezone is excellent considering our current Discussions Mod and other nominated user both leave in Europe. Add to that a friendly and welcoming attitude, and I think it's safe to say Kerb is a good choice for a second or third Discussions Mod. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 19:16, December 5, 2018 (UTC)
- yes - Your experience as a Discussions Moderator is good. I don't know if anyone on staff is on the west coast and use that time zone, so you should be able to be on when others aren't. Overall, I think you'll be a good addition to staff. Steven James (talk) 21:08, December 5, 2018 (UTC)
- yes-I believe that we could use up to three Discussion Mods, and I think you would make a good one after reviewing your posts. Having a Discussion Mod on the West Coast would also help. -Pizza
- yes Basically what the others have said so far – we haven't been able to moderate properly due to the lack of a Discussion Moderator in your timezone. Combine that with the fact that you're an active and helpful user on Discussions and it becomes quite clear that you'll be a great addition to the team. I can't wait to work with you. -- Kitchi Machk (talk) 12:31, December 6, 2018 (UTC)
- yes There is definitely potential here. 01:43, December 9, 2018 (UTC)
- yes I'm all for it. The Supreme Argonian (talk) 16:06, December 9, 2018 (UTC)
User:Kitchi Machk – Discussion Moderator (Approved)
Some of you might know me as the overly formal boah on the discussion forums while others may have encountered me on the discord channel under the name of Brave Bear. Regardless of my name, I am here to apply for the position of Discussion Moderator.
While my stay on the wiki itself hasn’t been particularly long, I like to think back on it as a productive few weeks – both on the discussion forums and when it came to the actual wiki.
If I succeeded in my aspirations to become a DMod, my primary focus would be to encourage activity across the different platforms we currently have, through various means. Furthermore, I highly doubt that a second Discussion Moderator would do any harm when one takes the, well, likely increase in activity on the forums into consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
- yes Despite being a relatively new addition to the Discussions community, I feel that Kitchi has made an excellent impression on both myself, the other staff and the entire community. His responses are well-written and always of a high standard. I fully trust Kitchi to manage the Discussions, and in fact feel it is necessary due to my recent inactivity in moderation. Kitchi is not only the only choice, but the best choice. - The Supreme Argonian (talk) 17:49, December 4, 2018 (UTC)
- yes Kitchi has already proven himself capable of moderating the Wiki's Discord server in his short time as a Chat Mod, always helpful and friendly. His Discussions posts only reinforce that belief, as his replies are very well-written and helpful, alongside his calm and easygoing demeanor. I have no doubt he will be of immense service to the Discussions section. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 18:07, December 4, 2018 (UTC)
- yes I believe Kitchi is able to be a good Dicussions moderator. He can certainly handle himself well, even under dire circumstances. Steven James (talk) 21:21, December 4, 2018 (UTC)
- yes Since becoming a Chat Moderator, Kitchi has shown himself to be an active and trustworthy member of staff. He has also done a great job in patrolling the discord server, and keeping it a friendly place. I have no doubt that he will do the same in the discussions forum. -- Pizza
User:LudwigHolyBlade-Chat Moderator (Declined)
Now this may be too early to make another request and if so then I truly do apologise for wasting your time. In case you do choose to read this, I have previously applied for discussions moderator but it seems we no longer need more. However our current chat moderator will most likely be promoted soon and In was wondering if I could be promoted to the role. Not that it means much but I have experience in moderating discord servers. If promoted I would want to keep the server civilised and friendly to all, both old members and newcomers. Again, this may be too soon but I would like to thank you for your time.
Best Regards, Ludwig.
- no - Although Kitchi will most likely be being promoted to Discussions Moderator, he will still have the majority if not all of the privileges that a Chat Mod has on the Discord. I currently do not see the need of having any more people with Mod powers on discord, seeing as we normally have one or two staff on the discord to handle anything that comes up. --Pizza
- no - Aside from what Pizza has already said, your previous request was denied and for similar reasons, I'm voting no on this one. Steven James (talk) 23:28, December 6, 2018 (UTC)
- no - I believe that this request comes way too early after the previous one. Aside from that, I'd like to see your involvement in heated situations if a mod is not around and review your actions if such thing will come, as I haven't really seen you trying to assist defusing incidents on the server. Finally, as Pizza said, Brave Bear will keep his chat rights should he be promoted, and will continue to moderate the server as he used to do, and as the current state of the server is not too overwhelming to handle (though it might change in the near future with RDO's updates and the like), I don't believe we need another chat moderator at the moment. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 16:02, December 7, 2018 (UTC)