Welcome to Red Dead Wiki: Requests for Promotion.
On this page, you may apply for a Rollback tool, Discord moderation position, Moderator rights or Administrator privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Moderators are a wide class of experienced or trustworthy users and editors who form the second, third and forth stages in the staff hierarchy.
For a Moderator request to pass, the nominated editor should have 70% 'yes' percentage.
Discussion Moderators are editors and users who were noted to be trustworthy and mature enough to take care of the wiki's forums and blogs, serving as peacekeepers and dispute breakers of "conversation areas" outside the mainspace and Discord areas. Their rights allow them to edit/remove comments made on threads and blogs, as well as close or reopen threads.
To qualify for discussion management, the requesting users:
- Must have been on the wiki for at least two months.
- Must have at least 75 Discussion/forum edits.
- Have a history of maintaining civil behavior in Discussions.
Users with a history of cooling down heated discussions will be favored.
Vacancy: 2 positions are vacant.
Content Moderators are experienced editors deemed suitable for maintenance of the mainspace area of the wiki. Aside from having the Rollback tool, they can also protect pages and delete/undelete pages and files. They can also rename files and protected pages.
To qualify for mainspace content moderation, the requesting editors:
- Must have been active contributors of the wiki for at least four months.
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 400 edits.
Vacancy: 2 positions are vacant.
Administrators, shortened to Admins and also referred to as SysOps, are senior and extremely experienced editors who have proven themselves to be trustworthy enough with a wide-scale maintenance and overseeing of the Red Dead Wiki. They possess all abilities and rights granted to Patrollers and Moderators, but can also issue blocks to misbehaving users or vandals, or alternatively unblock them. They can also promote other users to Discussion Moderators.
To qualify for adminship, the requested editors:
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 400 edits.
- Have been active on the wiki for at least six months.
- Have not been blocked in the past two months.
Under most circumstances, editors who wish to become Admins should already be members of the wiki staff, preferably Content Moderators or overall Moderators, unless decided otherwise by a Bureaucrat. For an Admin request to pass, the nominated editor should have 70% 'yes' percentage.
Vacancy: 1 position is vacant.
Bureaucrats are the most senior editors of the wiki; chief-administrators who oversee the entire wiki, its mainspace area, Discussions, Forums and Discord. They possess all rights granted to Admins, but can also grant all local-level rights to users, as well as demote any other local-level right except for Bureaucratship itself.
To qualify for chief-adminship, the requested editors:
- Must have a mainspace edit count of at least 1000 edits.
- Must already be an Admin, at least six to eight months in role.
- Have been active for at least a year overall.
Bureaucrat is a limited-used right and should only be requested when the wiki is in dire need of Bureaucrats. When such nominations are brought up, the nominated editor should have 75% 'yes' percentage.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Voting can be participated by members of the community. For editing/leadership-related positions, the voter must have at least 25 mainspace edits and have been a member of the community for a month. For chat/discussion positions, the voter must be an active member of either the Discord server (in case of Chat Moderation), or the Discussions area (in case of Discussions Moderation).
When voting, users must place their votes under the "Votes" header, while stating their reasoning behind their vote. Users who fail to state their reasons for their votes will have their vote disqualified from the request's final verdict.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
- Request closed as Approved Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 13:32, 11 May 2021 (UTC)
Petkoholic - Administrator
Hey everyone, this is Petko and I will be applying for the position of Administrator.
Ever since joining this Wiki I've been active on a regular basis, contributing with my knowledge on the Redemption titles. My main endeavour is to be a reliable editor therefore I do my best to keep up with recent events regarding the series. There is always something new out there about the Redemption saga so I am constantly gathering new data on glitches, cut content and story details.
As for the position of Administrator, I make sure to help my fellow staff colleagues by monitoring edits, undoing vandalism and offering every form of support possible. Having another person with the ability to put blocks in place will be useful for the staff as a whole.
Thanks to everyone who considers my application.
Petko Petko (talk) 01:11, 4 May 2021 (UTC)
- yes Through their time in the position of Content Moderator, Petko has shown themselves to be attentive in monitering the site as well as having remained consistent in their own editing. More often than not, they have been quick and communicative when looking into any unsourced contributions, expanding on articles, and flagging intsances of vandalism. Their extended knowledge and continued worthhile assessments on the technical aspects of both Redemption titles has marked them as an efficient member of staff. As such, it is a yes from me. I believe they have proved themselves well-qualified for promotion to Adminstartor. H. Roosevelt (talk) 4:56, May 5th, 2021
- yes Petko is an active editor who has demonstrated competency and maturity on numerous occasions. As Roosevelt has mentioned, this holds true in many ways, such as communicating with editors on an individual basis, undoing vandalism, as well as general modifications to articles. This user's claim that they gather lots of data on cut content and the like is also fair; Petko is arguably the most knowledgeable in that area of the series of all the members of staff, and it's pleasing to see such dedication. Additionally, Petko works well with other staff members, usually offering thoughtful and constructive ideas about various things in addition to having an easy-going and studious nature. Summarily, I believe Petko has both the skill and experience to become an administrator on this wiki, and as such, it's a yes from me. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:20, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
- yes Per Wag & Roosevelt, I couldn't have said it better myself. Petko will make a fine addition as an administrator and has without a doubt earned his place. 17:19, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
TheGunfighter - Discussion Moderator
Request closed as Declined. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:20, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
I wish to become a Discussion Moderator...
I have been playing the Red Dead games for eight years now and feel I have a duty to make this wiki the most accurate source of information regarding the Red Dead game franchise. I feel that if I had the extra tools to achieve this goal then I could do my part in expanding the information on the wiki while correcting any if necessary. As a Discussion Moderator I feel I will be able maintain respectful and civilised conversations on the wiki while ensuring everyone's points are heard and acknowledged. I completely believe that everyone is equal and that no-one on the wiki should experience any inequality, becoming a Discussion Moderator would help me massively to keep all debates and conversations civil while completing our goal as gamers, editors and more to eradicate any misinformation and keep expanding on correct information.
I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read this and come to a conclusion, thank you.
- no While this user's zeal is admirable, the amount of experience is simply not enough to become a discussions moderator. As the top of this page says, someone aspiring for this position needs to have a history of being on the discussions, and with only one post, it isn't enough. After some more time discussing, a yes vote may be justified, but it's not for the moment. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:06, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
- no Per Wag. It is indeed admirable that you wish to help the wiki, though for now, I don't see you being a fit for the position of Discussions mod. If you truly wish to help the wiki itself, I'd recommend requesting rollback in a couple of weeks, and joining our Discord server (for communication between members of staff, provided you get the job). But all in all, I wish you all the best in getting a promotion in the future, and I look foward to working with you one day. 21:53, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
ceebee-ceebee-ceebee - Content Moderator
- Request closed as Declined. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 14:35, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
Hey, I'm ceebee-ceebee-ceebee (just CB, please) and I wish to become a content moderator on the Red Dead Redemption Wikipedia.
This game is my life. I have played the first and second games, and am planning to download Undead Nightmare in the near future. I have completed multiple runthroughs and have completed 100% of each game. I participate in discussions on Discord and Reddit. I am bilingual and speak Japanese along with English and could help to translate pages on the wiki. However English is my native language and I do not mind correcting and editing spelling and grammar errors on various pages. I enjoy finding little-known information and secrets about all games, along with mysterious strangers and strange random encounters. I moderate 3 discord servers and have experience in essay writing and online leadership. I believe I would be a good addition to the Red Dead Redemption Wikipedia team. Thank you for your vote. (1:10 PM EST, 6/14/2020)
- no Because CB is a new editor with few edits, the position of Content Moderator is currently too much of a long shot. It’s stated above that editors in this position are recommended to have roughly 400 edits and four months' experience on this site, which this user does not have at the moment. Furthermore, more versatility in edits would be needed, as Content Moderators need to capable of a wide range of actions. As such, my vote is a no, on the grounds that more experience is required. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:08, June 14, 2020 (UTC)
- no Per Wag, beyond both thresholds of contribution count and membership on the site not being reached, I have also not seen many constructive edits from CB among the slightly over a dozen they have made. It will be a no from me. H. Roosevelt (talk) 22:00, June 15th, 2020
- no Also Per Wag. The position of content moderator isn't something that we just hand out, promotions to such a position require months of experience editing on the platform, in addition to a comprehensive knowledge on the wiki's subject. Though, while CB has been active on the wiki's Discord server for many months, they have slowly proven themselves to be both a friendly and approachable member of the community. I do, however, firmly believe that CB will one day be a welcome addition to our team once a higher edit count is achieved. 05:29, June 16, 2020 (UTC)
H. Roosevelt - Administrator
Hello everyone, this is H. Roosevelt and I will be applying for the position of Administrator.
I have considered posting a submission and recently decided to do so as to fairly be granted the role. While I currently already possess the rights due to having been promoted under the circumstances of the position needing to be filled a few months back, I have considered myself "acting" since my promotion had not been voted on. I'll try to keep this brief since this does not concern adding a new member of staff.
Through my time making contributions to this wiki, I've maintained a focus on improving existing pages relevant to the Redmption saga while also creating several for both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, with more I have and will expand on the latter. I plan to continue adding details to character pages as well as organize/condense Trivia sections of both those and other articles as well in order to bring them up to date. Among that, I have kept a communicative attitude with fellow members of staff and made an effort to patrol consistently to properly deal with forms of vandalism and mend legitimate situations when available.
With that stated, I hope to continue serving as a member of this site's staff as an admin and further extend thanks to everyone who considers my application. H. Roosevelt (talk) 23:40, April 17th, 2020
- yes Roosevelt has continuously proved to be a reliable editor, commonly making high-quality contributions and being well-informed about recent events. Additionally, the user in question is mature and level-headed, being co-operative with other editors and quick to notice and undo vandalism. All the while, Roosevelt is an experienced editor who has access to admin-level permissions, which is useful for the staff as a whole as it means that there is another person with the ability to put blocks in place. Overall, yes, I certainly think this user deserves the position of administrator. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 15:31, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Roosevelt has been doing a great job with his edits. He is quite knowledgeable about the Redemption titles - not to mention how useful he is with his proficiency when it comes to Red Dead Online. Roosevelt is very reliable not only with his edits, but with his constant presence on both the Wiki and the Discord. Whenever there is a need of handling inappropriate behaviour of a user, he is there to deal with it and always one to suggest solutions to any potential issues concerning the Wiki. The user is more than deserving of the position. User:Petkoholic (talk) 04:01, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Seddielover12 - Content Moderator
- Request closed as Approved. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:54, March 21, 2020 (UTC)
EDIT: If I may add that, I realized I have said unappropriated comments in the summary section before and it was very irresponsible of me. As a admin of other wikis, I should have known better and hold every wiki I edit to the same, if not better standard of the other wikis I manage. I want it to be known that moving forward, I will refrain from making such remarks, only using such section for its proper usage. I can be a responsible and capable addition to the team.
Hi I'm user Seddielover12, you can call me Seddie for short. I've been contributing since October 2019 with 1,216 edits (and counting) and today I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and put a request in for the position of content moderator.
I have proper knowledge of the Red Dead series, wiki formatting, fluent grammar and the required leadership needed for the position. In addition, I am currently an admin on two other wikis, showing that I have a handle on how a wiki is supposed to be run. With this promotion, I feel I can help the Wiki improve all around.
Thank you for your consideration. :) Seddielover12 (talk) 21:56, March 14, 2020 (UTC)
- yes As it currently stands, we are in dire need of new members of staff, and for quite some time Seddie has stood out from the crowd. Whether it be cleaning up article formatting or what not, Seddie has mostly, if not always, been on top of it. For those reasons, I believe Seddie would be an excellent addition to the team.
23:54, March 14, 2020 (UTC)
- no While I am among those appreciative of most contributions Seddie has made, being a member of community staff takes some level of cooperation. With that stated, Seddie has a habit of ostensibly directing snarky comments towards users in situations where it often hasn’t been warranted. Such behavior makes me reluctant to allow a staff position to be granted. Of course, not all members of staff are going to agree on everything but with that sort of attitude showing no improvement as of recent, it is a no from me. User:H. Roosevelt March 17th, 2020 (UTC)
- yes The user has certainly shown themselves to be a competent editor, performing various clean-ups across the wiki on a range of pages, with proficiency in using Classic Editor, adding images, and rewording. As Linus mentioned, Seddie has also been very active in the past few months, which is definitely a bonus. In lieu of some of the concerns raised by Roosevelt, I, too, have noticed a tendency to - on occasion - make snide comments, particularly in the edit summary section. This doesn’t take away from Seddielover's skill and potential, but nonetheless, refraining from this would be ideal.
- On message walls, however, Seddielover's conduct has generally been very good. The user in question is often friendly and polite, which is important for staff members, and can be helpful and constructive as well, which is also a good quality to have for the desired role. Meanwhile, having experience in administration on other wikis also adds to Seddielover's merits. As such, I do believe that this user would be a good addition to the current team. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 19:21, March 17, 2020 (UTC)
Petkoholic - Content Moderator
- Request closed as Approved. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 09:38, March 17, 2020 (UTC)
Hello, my name is Petkoholic and i am one of the members here on Read Dead Wiki. I have been here for more than a year now, and today i would like to put in my request for promotion to the position of content moderator. Considering there is a vacant position and with the promotion of Roosevelt, i believe it would be beneficial if a successor is appointed so the Wiki can operate at its full potential. I firmly believe that my knowledge of both of the games would help the Wiki become a better source for the readers as i continue to discover new things each and every time i get to play any of the games.
Thank you for your time. Petko (talk) 16:00, March 10, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Petkoholic has made constructive edits while active and has shown to hold a keen sense of knowledge on the series' two Redemption titles both on-site and within the Discord server. With these traits being beneficial for a Content Moderator to have, in my opinion, combined with his cooperative attitude, it's a yes from me. User:H. Roosevelt March 11th, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Roosevelt sums it up quite well. Petko has indeed shown himself to be very knowledgable on the subject of the series and I personally believe that the opportunity that has currently been presented to him is without a doubt his time to shine. 12:34, March 11, 2020 (UTC)
- yes Like Linus said, Roosevelt sums it up well so i don't have much to say, but nonetheless i believe Petko as a content moderator would be a very good addition to our staff team. Ricketts Landon, 21:24, March 11, 2020 (UTC +1)
- yes Petko has always possessed a fantastic level of gameplay-related knowledge on both Redemption games, as he frequently demonstrates with his edits; having someone within the staff team with such knowledge would certainly be beneficial to us all. In addition, Petko is friendly and has a constructive, reasonable attitude that will surely come in useful when working with other staff and communicating with other editors.
- Regarding activity, the user in question has a steady flow of contributions which satisfies what’s necessary for a staff member. In terms of edits, I would suggest using Classic Editor/Source Editor as much as possible, as this allows for greater versatility. Ultimately, though, I am confident that Petko will make a good fit and I look forward to working with him in the future. Wagwan piffting23 (talk) 20:48, March 11, 2020 (UTC)
- yes I've known Petko for quite some time now, and I know he would thrive in this position. Knowing he has great insight on unused models, files, and many other things. I believe he is quite adequately suited for this role in the staff team. I know his level of knowledge exceeds even the biggest fans (including myself).
- Trash can | Stuff15:14, March 13, 2020 (UTC)