|“||It ain't nice, I know it... but it is us, or him. I figure it might as well be him.||„|
|—Dutch van der Linde after killing Angelo Bronte|
Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
The gang attacks Bronte's mansion from the river to get rid of the threat of Bronte's men and to take revenge for the trolley station setup.
The gang lands at the pier near Bronte's manor, and hop the wall into Bronte's front yard. They move stealthily until they get close, where either John or Arthur will initiate the fighting by attacking two gangsters that stand in the way of their approach. Gangsters fill the area in front of his mansion, and open fire upon the gang in an attempt to protect Bronte. Nevertheless, the gang kills off the gangsters and storms the building. They quickly clear off the bottom floor, before searching for him, and finding him upstairs. Arthur will knock him out. It is worth the slight time delay to loot his body, as it yields a large cash reward, which should cover the bounty placed on your head following the assault. As they haul him towards the boat, lawmen assault the gang in an attempt to bring them to jail, dead or alive, for kidnapping. The gang breaks past the innumerable police officers, and gets to the boat.
On the way back, Dutch and Bronte get into a heated argument. Bronte repeatedly calls Dutch scum. This results in Dutch becoming enraged, drowning Bronte, and throwing him towards an alligator.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Search every room in Bronte’s mansion.
- Carry Bronte to the skiff within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Get 20 headshots.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Angelo Bronte - Drowned by Dutch van der Linde and eaten by an alligator after trying to set the Van der Linde gang up with a failed robbery.
- Angelo Bronte's henchmen - Killed by the invading Van der Linde gang after trying to protect Bronte in his manor in Saint Denis.
- Saint Denis Lawmen - Killed by the escaping gang members after being alerted during the attack on Bronte's mansion.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults or kills any member of the gang
- Abandons the gang
- Allows any member of the gang to be killed
- Alerts the guard prematurely
- Kills Bronte before capturing him
Missable Items in the Mission
Background Music Played in the Mission
- "Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten" - Played during the invasion of Bronte's mansion, and the aftermath that leads to Bronte's kidnapping and murder.
- There are two documents which can be collected during the mansion raid. One document is a note of racketeering numbers for Saint Denis business. And another document is a telegram to Police Chief Lambert, telling him to place his men near the trolley station.
- This mission title is a parody of an age-old proverb, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
- When the gang begins breaking into Bronte's mansion, Arthur will receive a Double-barreled Shotgun from Dutch. If the player already carries two long-arms, it will replace one of them.
- Dutch can be seen picking up said Double-barrelled Shotgun on the right side of the fountain, which results in the icon disappearing from the mini-map.
- Bronte is carrying $150, which can be looted after he is knocked out during the raid. The money can be used to pay off the bounty gained by the raid.
- Bronte's Mauser Pistol, which he throws at John, can be picked up, despite the weapon not being unlocked until the Chapter 5 mission "That's Murfree Country".