The powerful Hutton & Baird Schofield is an accurate revolver with high damage, making a good choice for any serious gunslinger. Despite a slower firing rate and reload speed, when compared with other revolvers, it can still be dual wielded to great effect. This gun has an ammo capacity of six rounds, and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive revolver ammo.
This revolver is available from all gunsmiths after completing "Blessed are the Meek?". Alternatively, it can be found when robbing the doctor's side business in Valentine, in the loot box on the table.
- The Schofield Revolver is based off the Smith & Wesson Model 3.
- The S&W Model 3 was colloquially called the Schofield because of design changes made by Major George W. Schofield to make it better suited for use by US Cavalry .
- The Schofield Revolver historically was among the most popular revolvers of its era and was used at various times by a number of famous lawmen and outlaws, including Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James, and John Wesley Hardin.
- The most notable user of this weapon in the game is Dutch van der Linde, who has two personalized Schofield Revolvers which have black, steel frames with pearl grips and golden engravings on the barrels. By the time of Red Dead Redemption in 1911, however, he uses the Semi-automatic Pistol instead.
- Some other gang members use this weapon, like Bill Williamson - who has his own unique model that has a browned steel frame, and Uncle, who can temporarily be seen with one which is brass-plated with a black cylinder. He is never seen using it, however.
- Another notable user of this weapon is Agent Milton.
- In concept art for Micah, he is seen dual-wielding these. However, in the actual game he has a pair of custom Double-action Revolvers.