|“||Every man prefers a revolver or a companion that is STRICTLY FIRST CLASS IN EVERY RESPECT. While second or third class can often suffice in desperation or the dark of night, no truer model of revolver exists. If you vote something a nuisance, there is no better way to dispatch it.||„|
|—Wheeler, Rawson Catalogue description|
The powerful Hutton & Baird Schofield is an accurate revolver with high damage, making a good choice for any serious gunslinger. Despite a slower firing rate and reload speed, when compared with other revolvers, it can still be dual wielded to great effect. This gun has an ammo capacity of six rounds, and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive revolver ammo.
This revolver is available from all gunsmiths after completing "Blessed are the Meek?".
Alternatively, it can be found when robbing the doctor's side business in Valentine, in the loot box on the table (this can be done multiple times).
In Online, the Schofield Revolver can be purchased at any gunsmith after reaching Rank 9.
Components & Styles
|Iron Sights||Cost ($)|
|Metals||Options - Cost ($)|
|Component||Iron||Nickel||Blued Steel||Blackened Steel||Browned Steel||Nickel||Silver||Gold|
(Applicable to the Barrel, Cylinder and Frame each)
|Grip Customzations||Option||Cost ($)|
(Only available for Basic Grips or Ironwood Grips)
- The player can acquire a second Schofield Revolver for free in various scenarios, such as the drunk dueler in Valentine or Van Horn, the random encounter in Valentine where two O'Driscolls are extorting money from a man who is indebted to them, and from the boastful dueler encounter in Rhodes. In addition, the player may acquire an extra one from Cornwall's men at Central Union Railroad.
- The Schofield is the only side arm that comes with the long barrel modification as standard.
- The Schofield Revolver is based off the Smith & Wesson Model 3.
- The S&W Model 3 was colloquially called the Schofield because of design changes made by Major George W. Schofield to make it better suited for use by US Cavalry.
- The catalogue states that the Russian Government is copying this weapon. This is a reference to the Smith and Wesson Model 3 Russian, a Russian model of the Model 3 Schofield chambered in .44 Russian.
- The Schofield Revolver historically was among the most popular revolvers of its era and was used at various times by a number of famous lawmen and outlaws, including Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James, and John Wesley Hardin.
- The most notable user of this weapon in the game is Dutch van der Linde, who has two custom Schofield Revolvers which have black, silver frames with pearl grips and golden engravings on the barrels. By the time of Red Dead Redemption in 1911, however, he uses the Semi-automatic Pistol instead.
- Some other gang members use this weapon, like Bill Williamson - who has his own unique model that has a rusty, blackened steel appearance, and Uncle, who can be seen with one which is iron-plated with a brass frame.
- Another notable user of this weapon is Agent Milton.
- Micah Bell is seen dual-wielding two Schofield Revolvers in concept art, but in the actual game he uses a pair of custom Double-action Revolvers. Sadie Adler is also depicted with two Schofields in her artwork, despite her weapon of choice in the game being a custom Cattleman Revolver.
- Famous Gunslingers Jim "Boy" Calloway and Otis Miller both wielded custom Schofields. Calloway's Revolver is adorned with engravings and the Latin phrase "Canis Canem Edit". It can be acquired through the completion of the side mission "The Noblest of Men, and a Woman" or by shooting Calloway at the start of that mission. Otis Miller's Revolver is gold plated with engravings and can be found in a cave north-west of Armadillo, meaning that it can only be acquired by John unless exploits are used when Arthur is being played.
- In-game description.