The powerful Hutton & Baird Schofield is an accurate revolver with high damage, making a good choice for any serious gunslinger. Despite a slower firing rate and reload speed, when compared with other revolvers, it can still be dual wielded to great effect. This gun has an ammo capacity of six rounds, and can use Regular, High Velocity, Split Point, Express and Explosive revolver ammo.
This revolver is available from all gunsmiths after completing "Blessed are the Meek?".
Alternatively, it can be found when robbing the doctor's side business in Valentine, in the loot box on the table.
In Online, the Schofield Revolver can be purchased at any gunsmith after reaching Rank 9.
- The player can acquire a second Schofield Revolver for free in various scenarios, such as during a random encounter in Valentine, where two O'Driscolls are extorting money from a man who is indebted to them, and from the boastful dueler encounter in Rhodes. In addition, the player may acquire an extra one from Cornwall's men at Central Union Railroad, but only prior to approaching the foreman and if they do not possess a Volcanic Pistol.
- The Schofield Revolver is based off the Smith & Wesson Model 3.
- The S&W Model 3 was colloquially called the Schofield because of design changes made by Major George W. Schofield to make it better suited for use by US Cavalry.
- The catalogue states that the Russian Government is copying this weapon. This is a reference to the Smith and Wesson Model 3 Russian, a Russian model of the Model 3 Schofield chambered in .44 Russian.
- The Schofield Revolver historically was among the most popular revolvers of its era and was used at various times by a number of famous lawmen and outlaws, including Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James, and John Wesley Hardin.
- The most notable user of this weapon in the game is Dutch van der Linde, who has two custom Schofield Revolvers which have black, steel frames with pearl grips and golden engravings on the barrels. By the time of Red Dead Redemption in 1911, however, he uses the Semi-automatic Pistol instead.
- Some other gang members use this weapon, like Bill Williamson - who has his own unique model that has a browned steel frame, and Uncle, who can temporarily be seen with one which is brass-plated with a black cylinder. He is never seen using it, however.
- Another notable user of this weapon is Agent Milton.
- Micah Bell is seen dual-wielding two Schofield Revolvers in concept art, but in the actual game he uses a pair of custom Double-action Revolvers. Sadie Adler is also depicted with two Schofields in her artwork, despite her weapon of choice in the game being a custom Cattleman Revolver.
- ↑ In-game description.