A United States Navy veteran, by 1899, Pearson has become the butcher and cook for Dutch van der Linde and his gang. At some point before the events of the game, Pearson served as a sailor aboard a Navy ship, which became stranded at sea for fifty days and struck with plague. He managed to survive the ordeal, and after an unspecified amount of time became affiliated with the gang.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
Clemens Point Chapter
Beaver Hollow chapter
With the gang falling apart, Pearson decides to take his leave before any more disasters occur.
Eventually, Pearson settles into a happy life, running his own general store in Rhodes, and getting married while still keeping a photograph of his former family close to his counter.
Pearson is described as a loud and jolly degenerate, who appears to be in denial about the turn his life has taken. He takes his position as the camp’s cook seriously, and is always grateful when Arthur offers to go out hunting. Pearson is quite fond of his time spent in the Navy, and spends most of his time nostalgically reminiscing about his experiences at sea. He is one of the most peaceful members of the gang, as he doesn't actively participate in any criminal activities, and settles down to a honest job after the gang's downfall.
Pearson is a portly, balding, middle-aged man with collar-length brown hair and a bushy moustache. His upper body garments change with location, but he is typically seen sporting a black, red-banded top hat, yellow-striped Navy dress pants, and a pair of black leather jackboots.
- "Outlaws from the West"
- "The Aftermath of Genesis"
- "Old Friends"
- "Eastward Bound"
- "A Strange Kindness"
- "Further Questions of Female Suffrage"
- "Blessed are the Peacemakers"
- "The Battle of Shady Belle"
- "Horsemen, Apocalypses"
- "Fleeting Joy"
- "That's Murfree Country"
- "Visiting Hours"
- "My Last Boy"
- "American Venom" (Credits)
- Simon's model in the game's epilogue uses the same outfit he wore during the first chapter, Colter. This is despite of Lemoyne being one of the hottest regions in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- How long he was in the Navy is unclear, as during poker games at camp he mentions a time frame ranging from several years to a few months.
- During the credits, Edgar Ross and Archer Fordham are seen questioning Pearson in his store. It's likely they tricked him into giving them some information on John Marston's location.