The Skinner Brothers are a gang of ruthless killers and thieves who move from place to place to hunt and kill animals and people alike. The Skinners are notorious for their cruel and sadistic acts and horrific tortures. They're known to, among many things, scalp, dismember, disembowel, roast and flay people alive, being less like an outlaw gang and more like a cult of deranged serial killers.
By 1907, the Skinner Brothers are located in the Tall Trees, West Elizabeth. They impede John Marston in his attempts at building a ranch at Beecher's Hope, ambushing him, Charles and their hired guns outside of Manzanita Post. After fighting them off, John and Charles find the body of Willard Wayne, one of their bodyguards, with a dagger lodged into an eye socket. After Charles buries him, he, John and Uncle begin constructing the ranch. Later, when the trio finished building the house, they celebrate and get drunk. While hungover, the Skinners capture Uncle and roast his back over an open fire. John and Charles manage to rescue him, killing many Skinners in the process. Charles says afterward that the Skinners are unlikely to disturb them after this, presumably due to the losses they sustained from this skirmish.
As well as this, the player can hunt down Otis Skinner and Elias Green as bounties. Both are wanted dead or alive and, as such, they can either be killed or captured by John Marston. If the latter option is chosen, they will be publicly hanged in Blackwater.
What happened to the Skinner Brothers afterward is not known, though they've likely moved far from West Elizabeth by 1911, or they may have simply disbanded before then.
- Otis Skinner - One of the leaders until 1907; Captured or killed by John Marston.
- Elias Green - Captured or killed by John Marston.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- The Skinner Brothers perform sadistic acts on their victims similar to that of the Murfree Brood gang which are located around Butcher Creek in Roanoke Ridge, as well as the Night Folk, found across Bayou Nwa and Bluewater Marsh in Lemoyne. All three gangs horrifically mutilate, torture and murder their victims and often attack and kill people seemingly just for the enjoyment of it.
- Many members of the Skinner Brothers wear similar clothing to Dutch's Gang in Red Dead Redemption; some are also of native origin, which further adds to the similarities. Additionally, the Skinners are endemic to Tall Trees, which is where Dutch is mentioned to have been sighted and later operates his gang in.
- Unlike other outlaw gangs, the Skinner Brothers don't have a main hideout that players can attack.
- The Skinner Brothers are unique in they are the only characters besides Charles Smith and the player character to use bows - many of their victims are seen with multiple arrows embedded into them and they often fight the player using bows rather than guns. Aside from this, their camps can be recognized by gruesome decorations, such as hanging corpses, mutilated bodies, scattered human parts, and blood trails.