|“||Strawberry was little more than a small logging town until the arrival of its new mayor, an East Coast eccentric, who is obsessed with transforming it into a cultural beacon for wealthy tourists, much to the bemusement of the locals.||„|
It serves as the capital of the Big Valley region. It is found roughly south-central in the region, southeast of Mount Shann. Although the city was founded as a small logging town, it has grown in recent years and displays sluices and other equipment often associated with small gold mining operations. Nonetheless, its mayor wishes to transform it into a resort town.
Horseshoe Overlook chapter
Arthur finds a winch nearby and attaches its hook to the bars on Micah's cell. After pulling the window from its frame, Arthur helps Micah out through the hole in the wall and the two begin a massacre in the town.
Lawmen and deputies are killed left and right as the two make their way to the exit. Once most of the region's officers are dead, Arthur and Micah quickly mount their horses and make their escape.
Beecher's Hope chapter
In order to find Micah's location, John drags Cleet to the gallows behind Strawberry's jail. Sadie grabs him and holds him still while John ties the noose around Cleet's neck. By grabbing the lever that would execute Cleet, John threatens him to give them the information they want.
Once Cleet has informed them that Micah is on Mount Hagen, the player can then kill or spare Cleet. However, if they decide to spare him, Sadie shoots him in the head with her revolver anyway, killing him instantly.
- A butcher found near the welcome sign of the town.
- A general store which can be found at the center of the settlement.
- Newspaper seller, on the opposite side of the post office.
- A post office which can be found on the eastern side of town.
- Stables; these are not technically in town, but can be found due south..
- A Five Finger Fillet table found near the stagecoach.
- Sheriff's Office, found next to the hotel.
- Stagecoach: southwest near the western road leading out of town.
- A hotel which can be found on the northwestern side of town.
- At the top of the hotel's stairwell is a table, upon which is the Cigarette Card for Elsie Rose.
- Around the back of the Trackers Hotel is a staircase. At the top is the Cigarette Card for the Elephant Carriage.
- When robbing the General Store, Valerian Root can be found in the basement.
- Going to the back of the house to the southeast will net the Cigarette Card for the Coastal Redwood. It is on the table, but can only be acquired after accepting the mission "Smoking and Other Hobbies".
- The Five Finger Filet game can be played east of the Stagecoach.
- Far to the northeast, across the trail leading up to Mount Shann, can be found Lenora View Cabin.
- Strawberry is a dry town and as such there’s no saloon at this location. However, the General Store owner is running an illegal moonshine business in the basement which you can rob.
- A Random Event can occur where a lost New Yorker near the roads of Strawberry will ask for directions to Strawberry. If Arthur helps the stranger, he will reveal insight into the town and the mayor, saying that he advertises it as a resort town and has delusions about it. The stranger then claims there's something fishy about the mayor.
- There are more than a half-dozen cities, towns, unincorporated communities, and ghost towns west of the Mississippi River that go by the name of Strawberry, including three in California. Of these, the real-life town that most resembles that in the game is Strawberry, El Dorado County, California. It was founded in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range after the California Gold Rush and succeeded in becoming a popular resort town by the latter half of the nineteenth century.
- In the 1965-1969 Western television series The Big Valley, protagonist Heath Barkley (played by Lee Majors, who coincidentally voiced "Big" Mitch Baker in the 2002 Rockstar Games video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City) was originally from a California mining town called Strawberry.