|“||Until recently, this mountain town was little more than a base camp for lumberjacks and hunters, but more settlers and visitors have arrived as the local logging industry continues to grow. A small, isolated community of honest working folk.||„|
It serves as the capital of the Big Valley region. It is found roughly south-central in the region, southeast of Mount Shann. Although the city was founded as a small logging town, it has grown in recent years and displays sluices and other equipment often associated with small gold mining operations. Nonetheless, its mayor wishes to transform it into a resort town.
Horseshoe Overlook chapter
After Lenny Summers and Micah Bell are sent to scout ahead by Dutch van der Linde in "Eastward Bound", they eventually end up in Strawberry. Micah later gets into a drunken fight in which he kills two O'Driscolls. Lenny is able to flee from the town while Micah becomes imprisoned and is sentenced to death by hanging.
Arthur finds a winch nearby and attaches its hook to the bars on Micah's cell. After pulling the window from its frame, Arthur helps Micah out through the hole in the wall and the two begin a massacre in the town.
Lawmen and deputies are killed left and right as the two make their way to the exit. Once most of the region's officers are dead, Arthur and Micah quickly mount their horses and make their escape.
Pronghorn Ranch chapter
In "The Wheel", John and Abigail temporarily find work in town after they and Jack came to the surrounding region once again in 1907. During the mission, John is tasked by Chip Cooper, the local general store owner, and his new employer, to deliver a wagon of supplies for David Geddes to Pronghorn Ranch. After being able to get a new job as one of Geddes' ranch hands, John quits his job at the general store.
Later, during "Fatherhood, For Idiots", John and Jack head to Strawberry to collect their family's post. At the post office, Hector Barlow hands John his packages, but not without bringing other customers' attention to John, causing him and Jack to be followed on their way home.
During "Gainful Employment", John and Sadie Adler ride to Strawberry to capture Nathan Kirk, who is wanted for embezzlement. While searching the town, the duo eventually finds him in the Welcome Center. However, Kirk manages to escape, which leads to John and Sadie chasing him.
Beecher's Hope chapter
In order to find Micah's location, John drags Cleet to the gallows behind Strawberry's jail. Sadie grabs him and holds him still while John ties the noose around Cleet's neck. By grabbing the lever that would execute Cleet, John threatens him to give them the information they want.
Once Cleet has informed them that Micah is on Mount Hagen, the player can then kill or spare Cleet. However, if they decide to spare him, Sadie shoots him in the head with her revolver anyway, killing him instantly.
- A butcher found near the welcome sign in the South-side of the town.
- A general store which can be found at the center of the settlement.
- Newspaper seller, on the opposite side of the post office.
- A post office which can be found on the eastern side of town.
- Stables; these are not technically in town, but can be found due south.
- A Five Finger Fillet table found near the stagecoach.
- Sheriff's Office & Jail, found next to the hotel.
- Stagecoach: southwest near the western road leading out of town.
- A hotel which can be found on the northwestern side of town.
Red Dead Online
- The Naturalist intro
Red Dead Redemption 2
- "Blessed are the Meek?"
- "Money Lending and Other Sins IV"
- "The Wheel"
- "Fatherhood, For Idiots"
- "Gainful Employment"
- "American Venom"
- At the top of the hotel's stairwell is a table, upon which is the Cigarette Card for Elsie Rose.
- Around the back of the Trackers Hotel is a staircase. At the top is the Cigarette Card for the Elephant Carriage.
- When robbing the General Store, Valerian Root can be found in the basement.
- Going to the back of the house to the southeast will net the Cigarette Card for the Coastal Redwood. It is on the table, but can only be acquired after accepting the mission "Smoking and Other Hobbies".
- The Five Finger Filet game can be played east of the Stagecoach.
- Far to the northeast, across the trail leading up to Mount Shann, the Lenora View Cabin can be found.
- Strawberry does not have a saloon. However, the General Store owner runs an illegal moonshine business in the basement which the player can rob.
- A Random Event can occur where a lost New Yorker near the roads of Strawberry will ask for directions to Strawberry. If Arthur helps the stranger, he will reveal insight into the town and the mayor, saying that he advertises it as a resort town and has delusions about it. The stranger then claims there's something fishy about the mayor.
- There are more than a half-dozen cities, towns, unincorporated communities, and ghost towns west of the Mississippi River that go by the name of Strawberry, including three in California. Of these, the real-life town that most resembles that in the game is Strawberry, El Dorado County, California. It was founded in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range after the California Gold Rush and succeeded in becoming a popular resort town by the latter half of the nineteenth century.
- In the 1965-1969 Western television series The Big Valley, protagonist Heath Barkley (played by Lee Majors, who coincidentally voiced "Big" Mitch Baker in the 2002 Rockstar Games video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City) was originally from a California mining town called Strawberry.
- Strawberry is the only major settlement in all of Red Dead Redemption 2 to not be connected directly to the Lanik Electric Company power lines, which cross the entire map and connect to every other major settlement, even in New Austin. Instead, the town's power is likely provided by the turning waterfall in the center of town. However, telephone poles ready for shipping can be seen at nearby Riggs Station, suggesting that the power lines may soon connect to Strawberry.
- The water mill in the town next to the river looks strikingly similar to the Glade Creek Grist Mill, which is located in West Virginia.