|“||I swear half of you would just rot in your own filth if nobody kept you in check.||„|
|“||The undisputed boss and arbiter of justice in the camp, everything would have fallen apart years ago without Susan in charge. Tenacious and iron‐willed, she stands for no nonsense.||„|
|—Rockstar Games' description of Susan.|
Susan was one of the original members of the Van der Linde gang, alongside Dutch van der Linde, Hosea Matthews and Arthur Morgan. She became romantically involved with Dutch at some stage, and long nights playing poker with the gang, often sitting in Dutch's lap. Their relationship later ended, and Dutch eventually moved on to another woman named Annabelle. Despite that, She remained a close associate to Dutch, gaining his respect and eventually became the gang's arbiter.
By 1899, alongside with the gang's cook Simon Pearson, Susan was in charge of setting up the camp every time the gang moved to a new place.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
When the gang settle at Colter, she organizes the camp and decides where each gang member’s rooms will be, prompting complaining from Micah.
Horseshoe Overlook chapter
Grimshaw shows Arthur his living space, and tells him that all of his stuff from Blackwater was saved.
Saint Denis chapter
Grimshaw asks Arthur to help investigate Tilly's disappearance, who she believes was kidnapped by the Foreman Brothers. The two ride up to a Foreman Brothers hide out. The two storm the safe house and rescue Tilly, before realizing that the three Foremen Brothers have fled. Arthur chases after them, and shoots two of them off their horses before capturing Anthony Foreman and bringing him to Tilly and Susan. Susan will encourage Arthur to execute him, although it is ultimately the player’s choice whether to kill Foreman, or spare him.
Beaver Hollow chapter
When Molly comes stumbling into the camp, repeatedly insulting Dutch and stating that she told the Pinkertons about the bank robbery in Saint Denis, Grimshaw shoots Molly with a shotgun, saying ”she knew the rules”, and orders the body to be burned.
Later on, during the gang standoff at camp after Micah is revealed to be the rat, Susan points a shotgun at Micah, demanding that he puts his guns down. Suddenly, Javier announces that Pinkertons are coming, which distracts Susan. Seeing his chance, Micah shoots Susan while she is off guard, resulting in her death. Miss Grimshaw is later buried by Charles Smith, somewhere near Beaver Hollow. Players will find it in New Hanover, southwest of the Elysian Pool, on a cliff nearby.
- "Outlaws from the West"
- "Enter, Pursued by a Memory"
- "Eastward Bound"
- "Who is Not Without Sin"
- "A Strange Kindness"
- "Blessed are the Peacemakers"
- "Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern"
- "The Battle of Shady Belle"
- "No, No and Thrice, No"
- "Horsemen, Apocalypses"
- "Fleeting Joy"
- "That's Murfree Country"
- "Red Dead Redemption" (Killed)
- Sometimes, when Arthur is in camp, Susan may approach and comment on his recent actions. The activity she will discuss includes killing innocent civilians, avoiding donating to the box, and spending too much time at camp, among other examples.
- If the player does not bathe for a long enough period of time, Susan will forcibly wash Arthur in a water barrel in camp.
- She is physically abusive to Mary-Beth and can be seen slapping her face in camp for not doing her chores. It is reasonable to assume she is physically abusive towards the other young women in camp as well due to the disdain they have for her. Karen in particular expresses a vehement dislike of her and may crack jokes with Arthur about it, asking him if Dutch "would be mad" if Tilly killed her.
- Arthur says that Dutch has a "soft spot" for her.
- During the Beaver Hollow chapter, Susan may approach Arthur in camp to tell him that someone smashed the donation box thus explaining its absence.
- She repeatedly mentions her disdain for Mary Linton, much to Arthur's annoyance.
- There is a pastor in Rhodes named Herbert P. Grimshaw, though whether or not there is any connection is unknown.