Does having the same surname constitute for a reference in the trivia section? A little more to go on would be better, because this seems like speculation. On the converse, their is some reasoning to it, so I won't touch it. If anyone else thinks so, feel free to remove it. --The Milkman 04:11, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I was the one who put it there and I think I explained why: R*'s penchant for pop culture references. If R* DIDN'T constantly throw them into their games, I'd completely agree that this was speculative and unnecessary. But, let's face it, Finkelstein is not a common name, so chances are good that it is a reference, thusly, it should remain on the page...
- There is plenty more to edit here than removing harmless trivia references, by the way. ;)
- - JackFrost23 20:19, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
- If I may throw something in here;
- After reading the character's name, Tobias Finkelstein, and the article, and before reading the trivia piece about Cheech and Chong, I thought he was a reference to Tobias Fünke from Arrested Development.
- While I agree that Rockstar often throws pop culture references into their games, then with that argument, Tobias Fünke is also a possibility. Tobias Finkelstein only shares the surname of the Cheech and Chong character, and he shares his given name with the Arrested Development character. However, if I may be so bold, I'd think he has even more in common with Tobias Fünke, as he too has a nasally voice. Plus, Arrested Development was, and still is, extremely popular and is often referenced nowadays.
- Now, I'm not saying the current point is wrong or not possible. However, it can be fairly easily disputed.
- I am a huge fan of Arrested Development and I have to admit I never thought of that. But considering that both Tobias and Anthony refuse to get jobs, a conflation of their names could be at play here...
- - JackFrost23 22:42, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Of course, there's also a Dr. Finkelstein from The Nightmare Before Christmas which is about 15 years more recent than Up in Smoke (and more familiar to me, at least). I'd have to agree with Milkman that it's a highly speculative item. Now, if Tobias Finkelstein ever says, "I'm afraid I just blue myself" while wearing never-nude shorts, then we've got something.
- 2ks4 (talk) 03:10, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, it's Dr. FinkLEstein, so it's not spelled the same. ;P
- - JackFrost23 23:40, November 16, 2011 (UTC)