Thaddeus Waxman is a politician and military officer who, at a time before 1899, had served as a U.S. Senator. He was best known for leading American troops to victory in Guarma during the Battle of San Juan Hill.
Waxman proved to be a better president than his predecessor, advocating for mass industrialization which included the construction of a massive battleship for the United States Navy. These actions greatly increased his popularity and he became beloved by the American people.
- Thaddeus Waxman is based on U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, given both his appearance and reputation as a military leader before his ascendance to the presidency.
- One of the earliest in-game newspapers also states that Thaddeus Waxman was a Colonel in the U.S. Cavalry, and he became a national hero after leading the Rough Riders to victory during the Battle of San Juan Hill. This had also been a major event in achieving Theodore Roosevelt the same status. However, Roosevelt led his troops to victory in Cuba, whereas Waxman did so in fictional Guarma.
- The last name "Waxman" is a reference to Robin Williams's portrayal of Theodore Roosevelt in the form of a wax mannequin in the 2006 film Night at the Museum and its sequels.
- While largely being based of off Theodore Roosevelt, he also bears resemblance to U.S. President Grover Cleveland.
- His Cigarette Card is located at Lonnie's Shack in Lemoyne.