That's Murfree Country is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2. It is the final mission of Chapter 5.
After the gang are attacked by Pinkertons, Dutch realizes that the gang need to move and, because they can no longer go any further east, they must go north instead. Arthur and Charles ride to Roanoke Ridge (or by canoe if the player wishes) and eventually arrive at Beaver Hollow. After stealthily dispatching members of the Murfree gang who are outside the cave, Arthur and Charles then deal with those in the cave. After finding a girl named Meredith Buckley, who had been captured and abused by the Murfrees, Arthur takes her back to her home in Annesburg while Charles goes back to the others to let them know where the new camp is.
As the gang are setting up the new camp, Uncle returns with a drunk Molly O'Shea. She claims that she ratted out the gang to the Pinkertons before the Saint Denis robbery and taunts Dutch. As Arthur and Dutch argue over what to do with Molly, Susan shoots her in the stomach with a shotgun, killing her, and asks Bill and Pearson to burn the body.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Deliver Meredith to her mother within 2 minutes.
- Get 15 headshots.
- Complete with at least 85% accuracy.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
- Molly O'Shea - Killed by Susan Grimshaw after confessing that she betrayed the gang.
- Various members of the Murfree Brood - killed by Arthur and Charles in order to establish a camp in the area.
- In the third trailer for Redemption 2, the scene featured in this mission where Dutch questions Arthur's loyalty is shown, but in it, Arthur does not look ill and instead has the same appearance as he does pre-illness, when he is healthy. This was likely done to avoid spoilers.
- In the intro cutscene, as Dutch describes the gang's situation, he mentions the game isn't over until he makes his move. This foreshadows the final mission of the game, which ends with Dutch shooting Micah - a move that ends the game's storyline.
- Before Arthur speaks to Dutch at the beginning of the mission Dutch is murmuring chess moves to himself, starting with White to d4 and Black to f5, an opening known as the Dutch Defence. He follows this up with its most popular continuation in modern times, but as there are no games recorded with this particular sequence of moves before 1931. This is arguably an anachronism, or perhaps indicates Dutch is a talented chess player far ahead of his time.
- In the game files Molly originally was going to be buried in a unmarked grave instead of her body being burned. The texture of grave, location coordinates and model exist in the game files. It can be spawned with mods.
- If the player ignores the prompt to journey by canoe or horse, Charles will express his impatience. If no option is selected in time, Charles will automatically choose to go by canoe.
- If the player decides to go to Butcher Creek by Canoe, Charles and Arthur will take two random horses from the village for the ride to Beaver Hollow. These horses are not seen after the mission.
- If the player decides to go by horse and have their temporary horse along as well, it will be left behind at the travel cutscene.
Completing this mission and chapter contributes toward the following Trophies/Achievements:
Complete Chapter 5
Earn 70 Gold Medals in Story missions.
Attain 100% Completion.