The Battle of Shady Belle is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2. It is the final mission of Chapter 3.
The morning after the assault on the Braithwaite Manor, Pinkerton agents Milton and Ross find the gang's camp at Clemens Point. They offer the gang a deal: that they will be spared and granted amnesty if they leave and allow Dutch to be captured. Every gang member refuses and subsequently warn Milton to leave the camp. Flustered, Milton says that he’ll return with fifty men and that the gang should evacuate the area.
Resultantly, the gang are forced to move again. Recalling Shady Belle, a manor house discovered earlier by Lenny, with a remote location due to it being situated deep within the forest, Dutch sends Arthur and John to investigate it and clear out any remaining Lemoyne Raiders. On the way, John speaks of his dismay over Dutch and Hosea's failed scam with the two families and expresses regret for not taking good enough care of Jack. When they get there, they notice that there are a few Lemoyne Raiders, so the pair kill them and dump their bodies in the swamp just outside. John goes back to the rest of the gang to show them the way, and the gang arrive shortly afterwards. While the others set up the camp, Arthur and Dutch will ride off to the nearby city, Saint Denis, to begin searching for Jack.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Kill all the Lemoyne Raiders in Shady Belle.
- Clear two bodies from Shady Belle within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Complete within 11 minutes.
- Several Lemoyne Raiders - Killed by Arthur Morgan and John Marston.
- One Raider, the oldest and possible leader of that group of Raiders, commits suicide after a short speech if he isn't killed by Arthur.