The Course of True Love V is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
After showing up at Braithwaite Manor, Penelope tells Arthur that she and Beau are planning on running away to Boston together. Beau is waiting at the train station in Rhodes, but she needs Arthur to escort her there on account of her not being allowed to leave the manor. Arthur agrees to do so.
At the station, the couple embrace, and Penelope asks Arthur to accompany them on the train to the first stop. Arthur concurs and goes inside the station to buy train tickets for them. Unfortunately, Beau and Penelope are spotted by Beau's cousins, Iain and Scott Gray. A fistfight ensues, and Arthur knocks out both of the Grays.
Following the altercation, the three of them board the train and set off for Saint Denis. During the train ride, Braithwaite family members pursue the train in order to recover something that Penelope stole. Upon seeing her in the train with Beau, they attack the train, and Arthur is forced to fight them off. During the battle, the train conductor abandons the train out of fear. Once all of the Braithwaites are dead, Arthur takes control of the train and drives it to Riggs Station. At the station, Beau and Penelope thank Arthur once again. As payment, Penelope offers to give Arthur her sapphire bracelet, which is a Braithwaite family heirloom (and the actual Braithwaite treasure the Van der Linde gang had been searching for). Arthur can choose to accept or decline the bracelet. Regardless of the choice, he puts the two lovers on a stagecoach and sends them off to Boston.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Headshot 5 of Braithwaites as they pursue the train.
- Complete within 7 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Multiple Braithwaites - Killed for attempting to stop the train
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assault, kills, or abandons Beau
- Assault, kills, or abandons Penelope
- Kills Iain or Scott
- Abandons the train
- Accepting the bracelet from Penelope will actually increase Arthur's honor rather than decreasing it.
- The bracelet sells for $75, which is approximately $2,250 in 2018.
- In this mission, it is revealed that the actual Braithwaite treasure was a sapphire bracelet that had been a family heirloom for generations.
Completing this Honor story mission strand is associated with these trophies/achievements:
Reach maximum or minimum Honor level.
Complete all optional Honor story missions.
Earn 70 Gold Medals in Story missions.
Attain 100% Completion.