To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Race De Santa to Tesoro Azul.
- Kill all of the rebels in town.
- Use Fire Bottles to burn down the buildings.
Marston heads to Tesoro Azul with De Santa and Captain Espinoza. Upon arrival, the group dismounts and stacks up on the main gate. They ready themselves and walk in — there is an enemy behind the crate in front of Marston. Take cover and fire on him or the one that runs from the large building on the right to the building on the left. Men will begin running from the buildings. There are two men on the ground floor of the building to the right and one on its roof. Marston takes them all out and proceeds farther into the town. Two groups of two men will run out of the houses on the left side. There will be one enemy on top of the far house on the left and one enemy between the first and second house on the left behind a crate. More men will run from the far houses on the right. Marston can use the sandbags as cover or quickly shoot the men before they have time to stop and get set up.
Once Marston has finished killing everyone, he is told to grab some Fire Bottles from a box and use them to burn the houses. Line up the aiming arch and throw the bombs through the holes in the houses. The town will be in flames and the mission will end.
- Main article: The Demon Drink/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills, or abandons De Santa.
- Assaults or kills any Mexican Army soldiers or their horses.
- Breaks the law.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Fastest Time: 4:10
- Shot Accuracy: 70%
- Number of Headshots: 3
New Game Elements Introduced
- Thrown weapons
Mission Complete Unlockables
- John Marston does not seem to be pleased with his participation to torch down the whole village as he sadly glances towards the incinerated houses.
- The mission name "Demon Drink" may be referring to the Fire Bottles used in the level.
- The fire bottle weapon can be obtained before completing this mission in the Nosalida hideout.
- The level is named after a quote John says to two nuns about Irish's drinking habit.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.