The Spines of America is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Arthur will arrive at Emerald Ranch. Hosea is seen talking to Seamus. Hosea greets Arthur and introduces Seamus their new prospective business partner. Seamus tells Hosea that he problems with trusting them and believes they are amateurs. Hosea convinces Seamus that he and Arthur can prove themselves to him. Seamus asks them to steal a stolen stagecoach that was purchased from his cousin-in-law named Bob Crawford and if they are able to achieve the task Seamus states that he is willing to do business with them. Seamus tells them that Crawford lives around Carmody Dell. Seamus states that Crawford has money in his house and they can take the money if they like. Seamus tells them not to kill anyone. Once Arthur and Hosea arrive at the house, the player has the choice to rob during the daytime or nighttime.
If the player chooses to rob during the daytime, Hosea will distract Bob Crawford and his son Bob Crawford Jr. Arthur can steal stuff from the home and after looting the house Arthur will head to a barn where the stagecoach is stashed. Afterward, Bob Crawford and his son will go back inside the house and Hosea will head over to the barn. When leaving the barn with the stagecoach, Bob Crawford Jr. will hear some noise and notices them stealing the stagecoach. Arthur and Hosea will ride away and head back to the Emerald Ranch.
If the player decides to go during nighttime Bob Crawford and his son will be sleeping. Arthur can steal items and money from the house. Afterward, Arthur and Hosea enter the barn and steal the stagecoach without being spotted.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Loot everything from Carmody Dell.
- Don’t get spotted.
- Deliver the wagon to Emerald Ranch within 1 minute and 10 seconds.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills, or threatens Seamus
- Assaults, kills, or abandons Hosea
- Becomes wanted
- Alerts the Crawfords prematurely
- Kills any of the Crawfords during the day
- Destroys or abandons the stagecoach
- Leaves Carmody Dell
- Kills or abandons their horse
- Bob Crawford Sr. - (optional/ only in night approach) Can be killed by Arthur.
- Bob Crawford Jr. - (optional/ only in night approach) Can be killed by Arthur.
- There is a hidden stash box under the bed containing $150. It is only available if the player decides to threaten Bob Crawford Sr.
- If the player chooses to rob the house at night, Arthur can threaten Bob Crawford while he is asleep, and get an extra $150 under his bed. In this way, the total will amount to almost $400.
- If followed after the cutscene, Seamus will be smoking at his Fence.
- The player can ignore Hosea when asked to scope out Carmody Dell and head for the house directly, without failing the mission.
- If Bob Crawford Sr. is hogtied during the robbery he will express his suspicions about Seamus by asking Arthur "Did someone put you to this?"
- If hogtied, both of the Crawfords can be picked up but they can't be stowed on the horse.
- Immediately after the mission, all Fences will be temporarily unavailable. However, the player can still deliver stolen wagons to Seamus.
- After the mission, when visited for the first time Seamus will comment on the robbery.
- After the mission some people in Valentine will talk about how Old Bob Crawford was robbed.
- If the player returns to Carmody Dell, Bob Crawford Sr. will tell the player to leave his property and he will sometimes carry a Carbine Repeater or Cattleman Revolver to threaten them to leave. Also, a dog will appear and will bark to alert Crawford that someone is on the property.
- The Carbine Repeater that can be found in the bedroom will be absent during and after the mission if the player returns to the homestead.
- The player can not kill Crawfords during the daytime approach, which will result in mission failure. However, the player can kill them in the night approach, but it will result in a loss of honor.