List of Transportation
- Horses - Marston can buy horses from sellers or try and tame one from the wild. Horses range in strength and speed.
- Trains - Allows the player to quickly travel over long distances.
- Stagecoaches - Stagecoaches are large enclosed carts, primarily used to transport people or valuable goods and are drawn by 2 or 4 horses. The player can drive the stagecoach, similar to the use of horses. Additionally, they can be hired for transportation and given the option of sleeping, allowing the player to skip the ride and arrive at his destination instantly.(If you listen to the Wagon drivers some of them post rude comments about you edging you to sleep so that they dont have to talk to you).
- Carts - Carts are drawn by either one or two horses, and are typically used to carry goods and equipment rather than people.
- Wagons - Wagons are drawn by either two or four horses, and carry goods and people. Wagons come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Rafts - Rafts are rudimentary floating platforms, capable of navigating waterways. Rafts are a central component of at least one gameplay mission. This vehicle cannot be used by yourself.
- Steamboats - Large river-going ships that carry passengers, supplies and goods. (Only appears in the intro, not in game)
- Automobiles - Automobiles were extremely rare, but pervaded the west, challenging the ubiquity of the horse. They appear in missions driven, yet the player cannot use one.
Achievements and Trophies
There are three Trophies/Achievements that directly involve using transport. These do not incule using methods of transport to get to certain locations in order to obtain the Achievement/Trophy.
Asterisk ( * ) denotes secret trophy/achievement
|Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks, and witness her death by train|
SPURRED TO VICTORY *
|Complete 20 story missions without switching to a new horse at a hitching post|
|Evade the US Marshals while riding the Hungarian Half-Bred horse in Single Player|