- You might also be looking for Twin Rocks, the location in Red Dead Revolver.
Red Dead Redemption 2
In 1907, the location is more or less identical to how would look 4 years later. If the player has the special/ultimate edition of the game, it is filled with members of Del Lobo Gang and functions as a gang hideout.
Red Dead Redemption
Twin Rocks is an outlaw gang hideout controlled by Walton's Gang. For players who have linked a Rockstar Social Club account to their console, the hideout also has an associated Social Club Challenge.
With the hideout overrun by the undead and most of the gang slaughtered, Rufus Higbee, Dale Chesson, and Alfie Scruggs were able to take shelter on the rooftops. Defending the settlement from the ravenous hordes, they await saving. Once the undead are gone, they will often be found sitting around the fire. When the area is secure, the player will receive the Volcanic Pistol and a safehouse. It is the same house that the girl is held in during single-player.
Twin Rocks serves as a gang hideout in the Free Roam mode of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. Players can earn XP by clearing the hideout and it also factors in to all three series of Lawbringer Challenges. The Mauser Pistol can be obtained in the house for players who have not reached a high enough rank to unlock the weapon into their inventory.
This is a walkthrough for clearing the gang hideout in single-player. The hideout progresses differently in multiplayer.
Upon finding Thurlow Reese hiding behind a rock, the player learns that his daughter is being held in the main building (she'll show as a blue dot) and he needs help rescuing her. There's a short cutscene where Alfie Scruggs, who is standing on a cliff to the right of Twin Rocks spots the player and alerts the rest of the men in the hideout.
Once the cutscene ends, players are recommended best take out the men standing on the rocks first as their elevation allows them to hit the player even when in cover behind the lower rocks. Then, the player should slowly move in and take out a large number of bandits. Once they're clear, the rancher will ask for help in killing the last bandit, who has a gun to his daughter's head. Players must then proceed to enter the building and turn left, where there is a narrow doorway leading into a small room with Woody Swenson and the rancher's daughter. Here, the player must go into Dead Eye and take out Swenson before he executes the girl. Once he is dead, the Twin Rocks hideout is complete.
- Saving the daughter is not mandatory in order for Twin Rocks to be cleared, though allowing her to die will result in a loss of 200 honor.
- To complete the Social Club challenge, which requires killing two bandits with a knife, using Throwing Knives is recommended as it will be a lot easier than attacking with the Hunting Knife.
- The following information only pertains to Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Far to the western border and slightly south is a cave that contains Otis Miller's Treasure. It is only accessible after Epilogue 1.
- Southwest of the cave is the Cholla Springs High Desert Bone, inside a small rock at the base of a hill.
- The player can sit at the campfire in Twin Rocks just as at a random one out in the wilderness.
- Twin Rocks is the only gang hideout that is never visited during a mission or stranger mission.
- The player can climb both of the large rocks on either side of the settlement.
- Sometimes, a cow will spawn outside of the hideout.
- Twin Rocks is the smallest gang hideout in the game.
- Woody Swenson, who is guarding the rancher's daughter, will always die from a single shot.
- There is a glitch that allows a player to drop inside the small building to the right of the main house: following the single player mission of clearing the gang hideout, shoot one of the vultures that circles the complex so that it falls onto the smaller building's roof. Climb up and collect the feathers. During the cutscene, the player will fall through the roof into the room below. The building is empty. To get out, players must simply walk through the door.
- Sometimes, when the player is wearing the Walton's Gang Outfit, nearby gang members will act as though there is an invisible enemy. While they won't act hostile to the player, they will aim their weapons at an unseen foe.
- If the player repeatedly runs into the right rock of the hideout, it is sometimes possible to go into the rock, rendering the player invisible.
- In Redemption 2, the hideout may stop repopulating after a it's completed a few times.
Red Dead Redemption
Twin Rocks is associated with several achievements:
Get 10 assists in a single hideout in a public Free Roam session.
Complete all hideouts in single public Free Roam session.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.