|“|| Stay back, for your own sake. I walk with the undead!"|
"What, you're a vampire?"
"I have been called many names over the centuries. Now go, or I'll feed on you too!
|—Vampire and Player|
Five pieces of mysterious writing line the walls of Saint Denis. These can be found and inspected by the player, after which the player's character jots down the text and location in their journal.
The order that you find the mysterious writings doesn't matter.
- The first one is on the South Side of the General Store.
Fives bones under the perfect star Nosferatu will become mortal again.
- The second is in the Alleyway East of "Fontana Theatre"
Oh sweetest of napes may your blood remain forever on my lips six there will be before the lust is sated.
- The third is in the Alleyway behind the Gunsmith: slightly northwest of clue #2.
With one long kiss I draw the life from her and await the outpost of the advancing day.
- The fourth is in a storage area South of the trapper.
I feed again the blood of life. The circle has begun.
- The fifth mysterious writing is on the northwestern corner of the building south of the northeastern Saloon.
I drink from the maiden and live again in the dead. The Heart of the ring of blood.
The vampire is a mysterious being living in the city of Saint Denis.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
|“||So... you found me!||„|
After discovering all five writings, the player receives a mark on their map - an alley south of the cathedral - in which the vampire is located. The vampire can be only confronted at midnight (12:00 AM to 1:00 AM).
Upon confrontation, the vampire is seen drinking blood from a deceased victim. The vampire appears to be surprised that somebody has found him, but is hostile nonetheless. The vampire proceeds to threaten the player, warning them that he may do to them what he did to the corpse beside him.
If the player either antagonizes the vampire or stays within his vicinity, he attacks the player with his dagger. The vampire can then be killed, and his special knife, the Ornate Dagger, is able to be looted from his corpse.
|“||I'll suck you dry. Your blood is mine! Come to me, mortal!||„|
|—Vampire to the Player|
The vampire is shown to be a violent being, threatening to kill the player upon being confronted.
He is a tall, emaciated-looking bald man with deathly pale skin, pointed ears similar to that of a bat, long fingers ending in pointed nails and a withered mouth filled with a pair of sharp canine teeth, forming a set of fangs.
- After discovering all 5 Mysterious Writings in Saint Denis, it is possible for only the corpse to spawn and not the vampire, resulting in the inability to get the Ornate Dagger.
- Going to the vampire while wanted will result in the inability for the event to occur.
- The vampire's physical appearance appears to be based on Count Orlok, the main antagonist of the 1922 silent film Nosferatu.
- The vampire is one of the few hostile NPCs that can instantly kill the player.
- The vampire will die instantly if taken to the Tiny Church and placed before the crucifix.