|“|| Stay back, for your own sake. I walk with the undead!"|
"What, you're a vampire?"
"I have been called many names over the centuries. Now go, or I'll feed on you too!
|—Vampire and Arthur/John|
In order to find the St. Denis Vampire, the player must find five pieces of mysterious writing that line the walls of Saint Denis. These can be found and inspected in any order by the player (as both Arthur or John), after which the player's character jots down the text and location in their journal.
- The first one is on the South Side of the General Store.
- (Fives bones under the perfect star Nosferatu will become mortal again.)
- The second is in the Alleyway East of "Fontana Theatre"
- (Oh sweetest of napes may your blood remain forever on my lips six there will be before the lust is sated.)
- The third is in the Alleyway behind the Gunsmith: slightly northwest of clue #2.
- (With one long kiss I draw the life from her and await the outpost of the advancing day.)
- The fourth is in a storage area South of the trapper.
- (I feed again the blood of life. The circle has begun.)
- The fifth mysterious writing is on the northwestern corner of the building south of the northeastern Saloon.
- (I drink from the maiden and live again in the dead. The Heart of the ring of blood.)
The vampire is a mysterious being living in the city of Saint Denis. He is (according to his own word), several centuries old.
Events of Red Dead Redemption 2
|“||So... you found me.||„|
After discovering all five writings, the player receives a mark on their map in the form of a crude pentagram comprised from the locations of the writings which will point to the location of the vampire - an alley south of the cathedral, just opposite the general store - in which the vampire is located. The vampire can only be encountered at midnight (12:00 AM to 1:00 AM).
Upon entering the alley, the player will find the vampire drinking blood from a deceased victim. The vampire appears to be surprised that somebody has found him, but is hostile nonetheless. The vampire proceeds to threaten the player, warning them that he may do to them what he did to the corpse beside him if they do not leave.
|“||I'll suck you dry!||„|
|—Vampire, when attacking the player|
If the player either antagonizes the vampire or stays within his vicinity, he will attack the player with his dagger and will kill the player instantly if he hits them. The vampire can then be either killed or knocked down and hogtied, and his special knife, the Ornate Dagger, is able to be looted from him. If the player kills the vampire, they can also loot 1 Stringy Meat and 2 Bat Wings from his corpse.
|“||I'll suck you dry. Your blood is mine! Come to me, mortal!||„|
|—Vampire to the Player|
The vampire is shown to be a murderous, bloodthirsty and violent being, threatening to kill the player upon being confronted, after having just killed somebody else.
The vampire is a tall, emaciated-looking bald man with deathly pale skin, pointed ears resembling those of a bat, long fingers ending in pointed nails and a withered mouth filled with a pair of sharp canine teeth, forming a set of fangs. He wears a black overcoat with notched collar lapels, red sleeve gauntlets, red buttons, and red frog fasteners. He also wears fitting black pants and black dress shoes. A dark blue dress shirt is visible underneath the coat.
- After discovering all 5 Mysterious Writings in Saint Denis, it is possible for only the corpse to spawn and not the vampire, making it impossible to get the Ornate Dagger.
- Going to the vampire while being wanted will prevent the event from occurring.
- The vampire's physical appearance appears to be based on Count Orlok, the main antagonist of the 1922 silent film Nosferatu.
- The vampire is one of the few hostile NPCs that can instantly kill the player.
- The vampire will die instantly if taken to the Tiny Church and placed before the crucifix.
- if the player gets close to their horse while carrying the vampire (dead or alive), the horse will run away from them. If the player manages to stow the vampire on the horse, the horse will try to run from the vampire, causing it to run without end.
- If the player knocks down the vampire and hogties him, the vampire will begin reciting a unique set of quotes.
- You are making a grave mistake.
- You think you can restrain me?
- Unbind me and I will spare you the worst.
- Free me now or I will bleed you slowly!
- Oh, you will truly suffer now!