Red Dead Redemption
This is the location of Grover Boone, the fourth missing person to be rescued in the Fort Mercer segment of the Missing Souls Side-missions. The ranch located here also serves as a clue for the Undead Treasure Hunter challenge Rank 2.
Liars and Cheats
After downloading the Liars and Cheats DLC pack, Venter's Place becomes a gang hideout in Free Roam. As with the other hideouts from that DLC, upon completion the player with the highest score unlocks a chest containing the Explosive Rifle.
Red Dead Redemption 2
The ranch serves as a Del Lobo outpost, housing three gang members. If the player visits the house for the first time a random encounter will be triggered where Del Lobos are having a party only to be robbed afterwards by a prostitute which can alternatively be robbed by the player after she leaves the house.
The whole ranch has a fence running around it in a circle; the ranch consists of two main buildings: a farmhouse and a barn. A single man wanders the ranch, this man is either "Mr. Venter" or a ranch hand. He is most likely a ranch hand as a small mattress can be found in the barn, which would usually be slept in by a ranch hand.
The farmhouse is mostly the same model as the one at Critchley's Ranch, with just a few differences: the farmhouse only has one canister outside the front door whereas the farmhouse at Critchley's Ranch has two, and the farmhouse in Venter's Place has a canopy to the left side with a barrel underneath it and a crate with a whiskey jug on it and a cooking pan outside it too. Despite this, the barn is a completely different model to the one at Critchley's and has no tools hanging on the outside.
The ground on the ranch is dotted with large stones, rocks and pebbles. A wheelbarrow is placed next to the barn.
- There is a man named Bert Venter who presumably owns the ranch.
- Standing next to the house while having binoculars or a scoped rifle equipped makes it possible to see the building at Pleasance House, a considerable distance away to the northwest.
- After the prostitute leaves, the player can enter the house and can find multiple bill folds on the table as well as two cigarette cards. The gang won't wake up as long as the player is quiet.
- Chickens and horses roam the ranch grounds.
- Curiously there is a mattress inside the barn.
Red Dead Redemption
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Rescuing the missing person at this location contributes toward the following Achievement/Trophy:
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.