|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
The Wapiti peoples originally roamed the Heartlands, before they were forcibly relocated to the Wapiti Reservation in Ambarino by settlers moving west, as well as the American government. However, the reservation was less suitable for farming than the lands previously occupied by the Wapiti Indians.
The relation between the Wapiti and the American government further deteriorates following the failed peace negotiations between Rains Fall and Colonel Favours, and the Indians are forced to flee north by the end of 1899. As of 1907, the reservation itself has seemingly been abandoned for many years.
The lands of the reservation were believed to be oil-rich. This led to several attempts from Henry Favours, secretly supported by Oil magnate Leviticus Cornwall, to drive the Wapiti people off the reservation. However, a newspaper in 1907 reports that the amount of oil found under the reservation was extremely minimal, and oil drilling was abandoned soon after it had begun.
- At the base of the bridge at the south end of the Reservation, players can find a lockbox that contains the Dynamite Arrow Pamphlet, Guarma Rum, and a large jewelry bag.
- In Red Dead Online, there is a Fast Travel station in the southeastern part of the reservation.
- Wapiti Avenue in Blackwater is named after them.
- It is the only Native American settlement in Ambarino.
- Players can't use weapons in the settlement.
- Natives in the settlement will often remark on the unusual presence of a White Man if Arthur Morgan visits the region before doing missions for Rains Fall.