When freeing a chain gang prisoner in a random encounter, he may give Watson's Cabin as a home robbery tip.
Robbing the homestead comes in two stages. First, entering the home will prompt the elderly resident, Mama Watson, to mistake the player for someone else. After asking to place the delivery in the cellar, a Semi-Auto Shotgun can be found. Upon leaving, Mama Watson realizes that the player isn’t who she thought they were and proceeds to threaten to set her sons on them, but the protagonist leaves before anything else can happen.
If the player returns at least a day or so later, Mama Watson will be seen arguing with her four sons. If they try to enter the cabin, the protagonist will be pushed back and attacked by the four sons. A firefight breaks out in which the player kills them, after which the protagonist can loot the lockbox on the kitchen table to complete the home robbery.
- 1 x Bread Chunk
- 1 x Canned Vegetable
- 1 x Coin Purse - In the chest, next to the bed.
- 1 x Ginseng Elixir - On the mantle above the fireplace.
- 1 x Gun Oil
- 2 x Health Cure
- 2 x Jewelry - On the nightstand, next to the head of the bed; and in the nightstand by the foot.
- 1 x Moonshine
- 1 x Potent Miracle Tonic
- 1 x Shotgun Shells (Regular)
- Semi-Auto Shotgun - Can be found in the basement, when robbing the homestead. Otherwise, the shotgun is available from all gunsmiths after the mission "A Fine Night of Debauchery".
- Watson's Scrapbook Page - Found on the kitchen table the third time the player returns for a homestead robbery.
- If the protagonist stays around during the initial encounter with the elderly woman, she will give amusing dialogue in which she orders the player to leave, and this will continue until provoked.
- If Mama Watson is killed when first encountered and the protagonist leaves, on their return her grave can be seen next to her house. This was created by her sons who are waiting for the protagonist to return inside the house and immediately open fire for the murder of their mother.
- Oddly enough, even if Mama Watson is killed in the second encounter along with her sons, her grave can still be seen next to her house anyway.
- If the player leaves Mama Watson alive after killing her sons, her decomposing body can later be found tucked into the blankets of her bed.
- If the player kills Mama Watson without entering the home by shooting her through the window after waiting a day the entire house resets to it's original state meaning Mama Watson comes back to life and both she and the house can be looted repeatedly. (PC Build 1232.62)
- Simon Pearson will mention the house to Javier at camp and tell him that there is money inside the house.
- In the original patch version 1.00, the Semi-Auto Shotgun is Worn.
Breaking into this homestead along with all the others is associated with these trophies/achievements:
BREAKING AND ENTERING
Recover the stash from 4 homesteads
Complete one of the Collectible strands
Attain 100% Completion.