|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
Welcome to the New World is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2 which begins Chapter 5.
Arthur wakes up on the shore of a tropical island, distraught and alone. He walks along the beach, and eventually meets back up with Dutch, Micah, Bill, and Javier at a campfire. The reunion is short however when their ambushed by a local militia led by Levi Simon who run a sugar plantation on the island. The five are put into a chain gang along with some local guerrilla rebels. Eventually, when the militia's leader is ambushed, the gang is able to steal their guns and kill the guards. But reinforcements arrive and Javier is shot. Unable to help him, the gang leaves off with Hercule Fontaine, the rebel leader, to a safe camp.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Do not fall behind while walking with the chain gang.
- Get 10 headshots.
- Numerous Guarma guards - Killed by Arthur, Dutch, Hercule, Bill and Micah.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills, or abandons any member of the gang
- Allows any member of the gang to be killed
- If the player falls behind too many times, the guards will proceed to club Arthur to death while Dutch tries to stop them. The mission then fails.
- Dutch's alias, Aiden O'Malley, is a reference to the Grand Theft Auto IV character of the same name.
Background Music Played in the Mission
- "Welcome to the New World" - Part I plays when the Van der Linde gang are enslaved in the chain gang; Part II plays when they break free and assault the Cuban militia with help from Hercule Fontaine.