|“||Get your horses ready. We have a train to rob.||„|
|—Dutch van der Linde|
Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall? is a mission in Red Dead Redemption 2.
After reaching the train, Bill goes out to set the explosives, and Arthur goes to help him. They set up the explosives, and sit back for the gang waiting for it to go off. Unfortunately, the explosives do not work and the gang goes after it on horseback. Lenny and Arthur jump aboard the train, while Javier falls and is wounded when he misses the jump.
Once on the train, Lenny and Arthur advance through the train in order to stop it. Arthur stops the train and a shootout commences between the train guards and Arthur and Lenny. After the shootout ends with the guards getting killed, the rest of the gang catches up to them. They find the train car with the bonds inside as well as employees that have locked themselves inside. Dutch attempts to persuade them to open the door, but the attempt fails and so they resort to using dynamite to open the door.
Once opened, the employees are forced out at gunpoint, so Arthur, Lenny and Micah go inside to look for the bonds. Arthur eventually finds them, and once outside, Dutch lets Arthur decide whether to spare or kill the passengers. This choice does not affect the story or mission in any way - it only affects the player's honor.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Save Lenny when he is hanging from the train.
- After stopping the train, take out the guards within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Take no damage during the shootout.
- Get 10 headshots.
- Complete the mission without taking any health items.
Gold Medal tips
- The 'take no damage' during the shootout only applies after you have stopped the train. If you take damage before stopping the train, you will not be penalized.
- You can kill the three passengers for three easy headshots, though keep in mind you will lose honor.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Fails to board the train;
- Assaults, kills, or abandons any of the gang members;
- Allows any member of the gang to die;
- Fails to save Lenny from falling off of the train;
- Abandons or kills their horse;
- Cornwall train guards - Killed by the Van der Linde gang while trying to defend the train during the robbery.
- Cornwall train employees - Can be killed by Arthur if he chooses to execute them after the robbery is complete.
Missable Items in the Mission
Background Music Played in the Mission
- "Outlaws from the West B" - Played when the Van der Linde gang are out to rob Cornwall's private train.
- At the beginning of the mission, when Dutch talks of robbing Cornwall's train whether by lethal or non-lethal means, Hosea tries reasoning with him, saying, "I just don't want any more folks to die, Dutch," a line Arthur later remembers on his final ride in the "Red Dead Redemption" mission if his Honor is high.
- This job is included under the "Gang Savings" section of Arthur's journal twice. The first time it has an X next to it, which is usually reserved for jobs that resulted in no payment. It is later added as a separate entry when Hosea has cashed in the bonds.
- The scene where the gang talks with the men within the train car is strikingly similar to a scene from the film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, where Butch Cassidy attempts to persuade the man within a train car holding cash, but fails like Dutch. A further comparison can be drawn when the banker who owns the train company sends a posse after the Wild Bunch, similar to Leviticus Cornwall sending the Pinkertons after the Van der Linde gang.
- Another potential film reference may be found in the train driver using his coal shovel to hit either Arthur or Lenny. In the silent film The Great Train Robbery (1903), a train driver similarly attempts to use his coal shovel to defend himself against a robber as he climbs the locomotive, but is overwhelmed by him.
- Even if the train stops at a different location, the cutscene will always show it stopping at Granite Pass, southwest of Window Rock.
- Even though the player is required to quickly stop the train, it may be impossible to fail the mission by failing to stop the train as Lenny will continue onwards if the player takes too long.
- This music title is referred to as "Outlaws from the West" in The Music of Red Dead Redemption 2: Original Score.
|Red Dead Redemption 2 mission walkthroughs|
|Chapter 1: Colter|
|"Outlaws from the West" • "Enter, Pursued by a Memory" • "The Aftermath of Genesis" • "Old Friends" • "Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall?" • "Eastward Bound"|
|Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Epilogue, Part 1 • Epilogue, Part 2|