To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Follow Rufus to the wolf pack and kill all of the wolves.
- Follow Rufus to a second wolf pack and kill all of the wolves.
- Ride back to Beecher's Hope.
After killing all the wolves, it's time to head back to the farm.
- Main article: Wolves, Dogs and Sons/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults or kills Abigail, Jack, Rufus or Uncle.
- Kills his own or Jack's horse.
- Loses sight of Rufus.
- Does not kill all of the wolves.
- Strays too far from the mission location.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Fastest Time: 6:29
- Shot Accuracy: 95%
- In the opening cutscene, when Jack is practicing with the rifle, John gives him advice on how to improve his aim by telling him not to stiffen his back "because it'll make the rifle jump". Which is the same advice given to John by Landon Ricketts in the mission "The Gunslinger's Tragedy".
- When Jack is firing the Repeater Carbine, it is being operated correctly like its real life counterpart the Spencer Carbine. Unlike most lever actions like the Henry or Winchester, the hammer on the Spencer had to be manually cocked by hand in order to fire. During regular gameplay however, the weapon fires by simply operating the lever.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.